Thread: Shotgun ejectors do not always eject cartridge on my over and under

Shotgun ejectors do not always eject cartridge on my over and under

Is this problem easy to solve, new ejector springs or adjust the original springs.
    What sort of price would this cost on a browning

Regards

TH
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

I had this problem on my Browning, especially once the gun started getting hot. Had a couple of gunsmiths look at it, made adjustments, kept on happening. Bought a Beretta, doesn't happen anymore...

What size of shotgun? 20's are prone to it, mine will occasionally. However if it's a 12 then I would suggest going to a gunsmith. Ejectors maybe out of sync or springs maybe worn
    Aim Small, Miss Small

Try a proper cleaning of the chambers.
    Does different height brass make any difference ?

Neil.

Might sound stupid but have you tried different cartridges in it my aya doesn't seem to eject my local gun shops own brand to well on one barrel but is ok with other brands.

Give the chambers a real good scrub out sounds like plastic residue to me.Wf1

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnraider View Post
    Might sound stupid but have you tried different cartridges in it my aya doesn't seem to eject my local gun shops own brand to well on one barrel but is ok with other brands.
    My browning 12b O/U has issues ejecting some brands of ammo. seen the bottom barrel eject but the top not and vice versa, both eject or not eject had it cleaned properly no change i changed ammo and its all gd now.

Andy7mm

As above get a chamber brush and clean out the chambers. The tolerances are often pretty tight on a browning. Also make sure there is no dirt in the mechanism for the fore-end kickers. Brownings use a different ejector system to most other shotguns. Clean and oil very carefully. You can remove the timber from the fore=end iron if you are careful. Check the ejector slides in their slots. They must move freely, it is possible to bend the ejectors in any shotgun and this will prevent clean ejection. Dirt and overoiling are usually the problem. Sometimes over oiling collects the dirt!

David.

It shouldn't be happening no matter what the gauge! The ejectors have become a little loose, give it a good clean and if it still happens take it to a gunsmith and have him service the gun.

​Tom