Thread: lidl / aldi type mincers are they any good

lidl / aldi type mincers are they any good

What do you guys that have tried them think of them, any good for the odd roe / fallow bits to make sausages ?
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

I use my local butcher. I provide the skinned carcass he adds mix, pork fat, skins and makes them up for 1 a kilo. I think that's a bargain.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

The Aldi lidl gear hasn't disappointed yet ...stealth cam and going to pick a vac packer up today my mate picked two up in the week for 40
    ​norma

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    I use my local butcher. I provide the skinned carcass he adds mix, pork fat, skins and makes them up for 1 a kilo. I think that's a bargain.
    I wonder if this is the same helpful butcher I use???

I have killed a few mincers in my time, can't comment on the Aldi ones but the cheaper they are the quicker they die in my hands!

Mine has Lidl mincer worked fine for 4 years, they come with a 3 year guarantee, I would not recommend for daily grind but occasional use is fine ( maybe once a month).

TC
    TonyC

Just got the vac packer from lidl ....bloody great for 20 .i just love Aldi and lidl wish they sold ammo lol .
    ​norma

I have a Lidl one that I brought a couple of years ago and it is still going strong. It doesn't get a lot of use, but for my purposes has been good value for money.

It will apparently make sausages, but I just take boned venison to the butchers and they make them for me.

I found the Lidl one not strong enough to mince a roe/fallow or boar in a session. It got overheated and finally out of service, even mincing carefully, just a few seconds each time, etc. But if you just mince a leg or so it might be OK.

Now I use a Carrefour mincer, don't know if there are such stores in the UK, which is not more expensive but stronger enough to do an animal in a go. Just the look of the mincer itself is much more profesional, metallic parts instead of plastic...