Thread: Game camera will moving water set it off

Game camera will moving water set it off

Hi i bought a game camera from aldi but have not seen it yet as i am away
    Will moving water set it of and or will moving undergrowth set it off
    Many Thank
    TH
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Moving undergrowth near the sensor will trigger it. Don't really know what you mean about moving water?.
    Clear away any obvious branches etc. that are near the sensor and may move with the wind and just learn as you go.
    When setting the camera up, bear in mind where the sun will rise and set or you will get pictures spoiled that way.

Aldi cam is quite sensitive. Mine reacted to grass stems and buttercups when tried out on the rabbits at home. Rabbits 3 - waving stems 100 ! Being set low to the ground added to the problem. I would guess that it would react to a ripple on moving water.
    Going to check lidl cam on red ground this morning, fingers crossed.
    Ion

Moving undergrowth near the sensor will trigger it, don't really know what you mean by moving water though.
    Clear away any branches etc. that are near the sensor that may sway in the wind,the farther away ones you can leave.
    When setting up the camera bear in mind where the sun will rise and set or you will get pictures spoiled that way.
    They are pretty basic devices as regards light exposure, probably have just a basic fixed setting.

By moving water i mean a small river or beck, the water moves, will that trigger the sensor
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunting View Post
    By moving water i mean a small river or beck, the water moves, will that trigger the sensor
    ​I doubt it. I have a stealth cam, it's done very well.

Never had water trigger any of mine when we were trying to use them for monitoring otters. Ducks and foliage are another issue though, be prepared for hundreds of duck photos if there are any about.

We struggled with getting otter and mink photos though (if thats why your putting it on a stream) as it was thought if they had just come out the water they for some reason wouldnt trigger the camera, although this is going back about 8years and cameras have come on a lot since then

The water alone will not trigger it however the changing light reflecting off it will. Undergrowth will also cause a trigger if moving in the wind

we use stealth cams for work which vary in price from 100-- 4000,they are all set of by reflection of water,cheers