Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blaser Dealership

Blaser Dealership

I know changes are happening with the Blaser Distributor in the UK.
    ​but does any one know who it is yet.

Anyone other than open season would be great improvement (mos unhelpful ignorant ****)

Quote Originally Posted by Grant.N View Post
    I know changes are happening with the Blaser Distributor in the UK.
    ​but does any one know who it is yet.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

I would have thought mulliners would be in with a good shout
    ​regards pete

Quote Originally Posted by Roedinator View Post
    I would have thought mulliners would be in with a good shout
    ​regards pete
    It would be great if they were, apart from the geographical convenience Ian already has some excellent quality stuff in his shop. atb Tim

I thought Rigby had purchased Blaser with Mauser but I may be wrong. Muliners certainly would be up to the task but they would not have to try that hard to improve on the current incumbents!

The way I read it was that Blaser had bought Rigby.

There isn't that many people who could take it on, the amount of capital needed to sustain the distribution of Blaser and Mauser is pretty substantial.

As for Rigby buying Blaser, think it's more like the other way around. Actually it's the same 2 guys who own Sauer, Blaser, Mauser and now Rigby.

Last edited by moses; 27-06-2013 at 10:25.
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

Unless Ribgy it returned to London then sales will struggle as the Americans found out. A lot of people do not consider the American made ones real Rigby's at all. They seem to have been considered a clone and not the real thing. Mind you there are those who feel and thing the same way about Mauser now.

​As for sales of the Blaser shotgun perhaps if it looked better and more traditional then sales would improve. As it is sales will not improve.

From what I remember reading, Rigby are moving some production to London. Just what "production" will entail, we wait for more news as it could just be assembly of overseas produced components, which leaves us as far from London Rigbys as before
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I think Rigby's is going to Vauxhall into the old Roberts workshops and Roberts have moved to Sussex.