Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread identification

Thread identification

Can anybody please help me to identify the thread on my new rifle?

The rifle is a Sauer 202 Elegence in .243, I think the thread is HALF INCH UNEF but just want some help in confirming before I order a MOD for it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	049.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	29666

The rifle on the left is the Sauer and the rifle on the right is my Ruger which has HALF INCH UNF for comparrison.

As you can see the thread on the Sauer is finer.

Thanks.

as a guess it looks like 14x1

measure it if you have calipers

Factory threaded. (Typically 14mm x 1, no spigot, although larger diameter barrels than normal may have a proportionally larger thread.)
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

If the one on the right is 1/2", the one on the left is certainly not.

If it is a factory threaded Sauer, it is most likely 14x1. Get it measured by someone who know how to.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

sounds like others have looked this up for you aswell so below is the
    sauer blurb

Most Sauer rifles will come, or can be ordered from the Factory, already threaded. (Typically 14mm x 1, no spigot, although larger diameter barrels than normal may have a proportionally larger thread.)
    Please feel free to contact us in person for advice on this subject, and why not read the important notes on the care and maintenance of moderated rifle, as featured on this site. It could save you time money and accuracy.
    from ivythorn site
    Ivythorn Sporting
    Ivythorn Farm
    Ivythorn Lane
    Nr. Walton
    Street
    Somerset
    BA16 9RH

01458 447 120 07970 151 321 Steve Beaty

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    If the one on the right is 1/2", the one on the left is certainly not.

If it is a factory threaded Sauer, it is most likely 14x1. Get it measured by someone who know how to.
    Last edited by paul o'; 23-06-2013 at 11:04.

I bought the rifle second hand and was told it was HALF INCH UNEF at the time but wasnt very convinced.

Look at the manufacturers spec for that model and it will tell you what thread it is, or in the handbook if you have one. Failing that just google it.

Might not have been factory threaded, so don't bother looking up anything other than the address of your nearest RFD who should have the kit to check for you
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I dont know if it is factory threaded as its secondhand?
    I have checked the handbook and altough it is in german there is nothing obvious about the thread?

If none of this lot can help, then I'd get straight to Fulton's at Bisley...

Gun Dealers Surrey | Reviews - Yell
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)