state of moon

drummerboy

Hi Members, i would like to here your views on Roe movements at different times of month,eg first part of moon through to full moon, i was told by an old stalker its very important?
Neil

I'm not that old - or was it someone really ancient like JRoe? :D

I'd say yes ( but you already knew that ). ;)

Bright nights see lots of 'night' activity here. Early starts following bright nights tend to be a wasted lay-in - but still great to be out at first light. Ditto dusk - frequently stuff doesn't even start to move until way after the legal one hour post sunset.

Wednesday last week we put up two animals that were clearly bedded/resting at 3.40AM. Hard to be objective, but impression they left was that they were toward the front of the resting rather than having been there hours and about to rise. Hand check on ground for second found it want particularly warm or the vegetation hard pressed.

Can only echo the previous post,would not really want to have been stalking this weekend (though I am next week)

Full moon tonight, this is a super moon bigger than a normal full moon and 14% brighter I believe, had a look last night and it was certainly bigger can't say I noticed it was any brighter but may have been as we had a lot of cloud last night.

Next super moon August 2014

All that ( of course ) is nothing at all to do with BT's eyebrows joining in the middle....;)

Super moon forecast at 4.13 PDT - not sure of conversion over here, but think its in daylight and at present its thick cloud and driving rain :rolleyes:

I'm not that old - or was it someone really ancient like JRoe? :D

I'd say yes ( but you already knew that ). ;)

Bright nights see lots of 'night' activity here. Early starts following bright nights tend to be a wasted lay-in - but still great to be out at first light. Ditto dusk - frequently stuff doesn't even start to move until way after the legal one hour post sunset.

Wednesday last week we put up two animals that were clearly bedded/resting at 3.40AM. Hard to be objective, but impression they left was that they were toward the front of the resting rather than having been there hours and about to rise. Hand check on ground for second found it want particularly warm or the vegetation hard pressed.

Ha Ha! - - My venereal friend - - I've just come across this libelous, scurrilous assertion. - - I'm actually only 35 and inherited my white hair from my children !! I have an old and long memory though !

ATB

JR

Guys, this stalker actually told me that theres a time when you get the roe that will actually stand for a good while during the day when they have noticed you, and theres also a time that they are very wary and its all got to do with the moon, and this has come from over 40yrs of looking through his game diary.

I'll confess not noticed that particular link. Will have a ponder on that.

JR & BT - all I can say is imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and seems like I'm catching up ever faster on the age front!

Ha Ha! - - My venereal friend - - I've just come across this libelous, scurrilous assertion. - - I'm actually only 35 and inherited my white hair from my children !! I have an old and long memory though !

ATB

JR

Oh dear - - sorry - - should have been "venerable" - - then again - -

JR

Back