Thread: BSA MAJESTIC 30mm rings

BSA MAJESTIC 30mm rings

Has anyone on here or does anyone know where I can get a set of 30mm rings to fit a BSA majestic I dont mind having a set made if that is possible

Re: BSA MAJESTIC 30mm rings

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog
    Has anyone on here or does anyone know where I can get a set of 30mm rings to fit a BSA majestic I dont mind having a set made if that is possible
    Hi There,

Sorry I have not got any but thought this might help. Lynx or B-Square Lynx make rings for the BSA dovetailed models. They are basically the old Hilver design.

Oh Parker-Hale never made 30mm rings that I know of

Oh the old Hilvers for the Brno 600/601/602 can be slightly modified to fit. They need the recoil lug removed that drops into the slot on the LHS of the Brno's anda recoil stud added to use the BSA revoil indent, that is providing your BSA has it, the Hunter's did not. I believe it was introduced witht eh Regent model.

However I think the easiest option is get an adaptor rail made up that take either the Tikka type or Weaver type rings. The other option would be to get a pair of the Warne type made up for it. These are the type in two halves that split vertically and have four screws, two top and two bottom to clapme the rings to the scope and dovetail. I don't like them personally but they're popular in the US and with the Gun writers it seems. Sorry but I don't know if the angles would match the BSA dovetails or not.

May I ask whIch BSA it's for?

I have an interest in the old BSA's and Parker-Hales and have a small collection of them so just wondered. And did you know that you can accuractley date them using the Birmingham Private View code in the proof mark?

Best Regards. BH