Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bisley meet?

Bisley meet?

Just gauging interest whether anyone would be interested in a Bisley/SE England stalkers meet & range day sometime?

If there was enough interest, would probably have to plan well ahead to get hold of some of the facilities there, (or maybe one of the other nearby ranges) and set it up as a bit of a stalkers shoot, plus some social etc?

On the face of it a cracking idea but are you up for organsing it as in Range Conducting and sorting out all the paperwork the NRA requires?

Cheers

K

I'd be up for a day on Century - Book a few lanes, and fall back from 100-300 in the morning, then 400-600 for the afternoon...

Ever tired the gopher at 600 off sticks? Haha, the MOD would have a FIT!!!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Breakout the Cheytac and that should fox them!

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Ever tired the gopher at 600 off sticks? Haha, the MOD would have a FIT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Breakout the Cheytac and that should fox them!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

I'll have a word with our clubs RCO about some idea's

As I say, there's a few other ranges in the area too (that aren't quite as well, er, 'bisley' as bisley ) and I might have another iron in the fire, but wanted to gauge interest to see whether it was worth going to the hassle of.

Hi, Labrat, count me in. I have a competence cert. from my club, if we do shoot at Bisley.

I live nearby during the week so would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by techman View Post
    Hi, Labrat, count me in. I have a competence cert. from my club, if we do shoot at Bisley.
    Good point - All shooters will need current SSC (Safe Shooter Card) to shoot on MOD ranges

I don’t wish to dampen anyone’s enthusiasm for this but as alluded to in my first reply there are issues to be considered here and especially if this is being billed as a “Stalking Directory South East England Shoot” as I’m sure someone from site staff will point out?

Competency certificates is a good start but far from the only consideration.

Even if simply a labrat organised shoot, restricted to SD members, someone qualified has to sign for the firing point and target and as RCO will thereafter be responsible for it and what takes place there.

K