Pillock

Solwaystalker

I got a call from local police yesterday to pop in to see them today after someone had reported my vehicle being parked on their permision while i stalked on my permision next door over the boundry wall,., i went along at the arranged time and was surprised to hear this guy was accusing me of trespass with a firearm . I explained my story to the two young officers who then wanted to go along to the ground to have a look , i showed them the lay-by i parked in right opposite my ground , around 6 steps up the road with the unloaded rifle and over the fence onto my ground . The other guy does the same thing but walks and spots from the single track road over the young plantation he has permision on
When he saw me come back from our outing he came and questioned me about where i was stalking even after watching us cross the field , then went on to report me saying i crossed his land with a client both us carrying loaded rifles , we had one rifle that was unloaded before we got over the fence so also wrong on that aswell
I got a call later today to say i wouldnt hear anymore about it but it did cheese me off a tad , i will park at my landowners farm from now on which will be quite often for the next while , got a feeling he wont see as many deer around there for a while:mad:

Last edited:
Probably jealous but why did he feel he had to do that unless he's after your patch as well!
Hope he won't feel the need to cause anymore trouble for you

Always someone out to cause trouble Colin shame it was a fellow shooter unfortunantly an all too comman story these days .
regards
​doug

What a twonk. His name doesnt begin with 'M' does it Col?
No mate , stupid thing to do on his part my ground surrounds the wee patch he has , i usually only look over it now and then but will go more often now
Dont even know the guy but had heard he is a muppet

Went through something similar myself a while back Colin with a neighbouring stalker being a total w*nk*r

Karma mate it will get them every time.

Glad it didn't come to anything more for you

What an idiot, he has a little island in the middle of yours and gives you grief. I'd be taking every deer that hops his boundary from now on and make sure he know it too. Karma is a real bitch...

then turn the tables and make a formal complaint of harassment which in turn will come about into wasting police time

then turn the tables and make a formal complaint of harassment which in turn will come about into wasting police time
cant be bothered with the hassle mate
Luckily the two young officers (one a very nice young lady) could see how ridiculous his report was , wasted my day but pleased its over with
Theres a nice area for calling bucks out the wood up there tho/ :D

I have a similar problem with some neighbours. Very aggressive syndicate who've had it all their own way for years (and who I suspect, though can't yet prove, have been taking deer off my permission). They have several times stopped me (once with dogs) when I've been walking on a joint access track and demanded to know what I'm doing - trying very hard to make me believe that they control land that I know full well they don't, or to get me to admit that I've been shooting on thier land ('you've been in that wood, haven't you?). They have gone so far as to threaten to report me to the police, but always backed down when I've enthusiastically agreed.

Any suggestions? They do only seem to be around during June-July-August, so I suspect they're really only interested in the bucks.

got a feeling he wont see as many deer around there for a while:mad:[/QUOTE said:
I had a similar issue ( No police involvement though) with a chap who stalks next door to me few year back! He didn't realise when he started on me for taking my dogs a walk through his block "which is a designated footpath, used by all and something I have done for years" that I had all the shooting round his permission! Put it this way I don't think he shoots many deer know :D

I have a similar problem with some neighbours. Very aggressive syndicate who've had it all their own way for years (and who I suspect, though can't yet prove, have been taking deer off my permission). They have several times stopped me (once with dogs) when I've been walking on a joint access track and demanded to know what I'm doing - trying very hard to make me believe that they control land that I know full well they don't, or to get me to admit that I've been shooting on thier land ('you've been in that wood, haven't you?). They have gone so far as to threaten to report me to the police, but always backed down when I've enthusiastically agreed.

Any suggestions? They do only seem to be around during June-July-August, so I suspect they're really only interested in the bucks.

I`d use my right to roam to its full extent along with my dogs , on a lead , if they make threats report them for harassment, they will soon get the message.

Hahaha - I'd be sorely tempted to make his permission look like Stalag Luft III, with highseats covering every angle of escape :D

Sounds like you handled it right Colin, don't rise to it :thumb:

He's made himself look like an arse and now the police won't take him seriously.... little boy who cried wolf and all that! :D

​Alex

Back