Thread: Looking for a helpful US member

Looking for a helpful US member

Any around?...trying to get a stock and forearm shipped to the UK from Canada, company is quoting !35 bucks or more, item value 135 bucks!....cost to ship to the US $20!
    great eh..
    not a huge size item or really that heavy...
    Any help appreciated
    cheers
    Nick

Sorry. Couple of points.

If the parts are in Canada why do you want a "US member"? Are you proposing to ship from Canada to the US and then to the UK 'cos that would be a lot more expensive (also, it may not be allowed to be exported from the US because they are "gun parts")?

If it is posted direct from Canada to the UK you're looking to save........$15?

I bet it would cost a lot more for the items in the UK so just calculate your savings against the UK cost - not the "extra" 9.50?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Can you have it shipped direct to you.

I recently had a plastic stock for a lever action sent to me from a friendly SD member in Canada. No problem, just came with the mail.
    edi

Eyefor
    I can have the stock direct to me....cost min $135 bucks....if they ship to the US its $20.
    I don't think it'll be 115 bucks to ship from the US to the UK, its a stock and forearm, wooden no issues with US law on shipping to the UK for those.
    Also parts for these not available in the UK, so cost for US/CANADA vs Uk not applicable.
    Ejg....out of interest what was your shipping from Canada to the UK?

US to UK, the ITAR rules also kick in.

US to UK shipping WILL also be WAY MORE than the Canada to UK...

Pay the extra $15

Guys,

$135 to ship to UK.

What OP doesn't realise is that is normal.

$20 to US means it travels surface and takes two weeks, at least.

Now, US to UK will cost $ 135......

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by NickW View Post
    Eyefor
    I can have the stock direct to me....cost min $135 bucks....if they ship to the US its $20.
    I don't think it'll be 115 bucks to ship from the US to the UK, its a stock and forearm, wooden no issues with US law on shipping to the UK for those.
    Also parts for these not available in the UK, so cost for US/CANADA vs Uk not applicable.
    Ejg....out of interest what was your shipping from Canada to the UK?
    Can't remember what it was as it was paid by the generous SD member, however it came with ordinary snail mail/postal service and not a courier company. I send stocks world wide from Ireland and find the standard postal service to be the most effective, simplest and cheapest.
    edi

Thanks all, questions answered then for me, appreciate the info and input
    and apologies just re read my original post...postage was $135 not $35, some realized some didn't, hope it makes sense now, item value $135 +postage of $135 maybe more.
    Last edited by NickW; 25-06-2013 at 22:28.