View Poll Results: would you despite the reward give information of this crime to the police / land owner

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i would pass info to the police /land owner

2 1.06%
  • No i would not pass info to the police /land owner

0 0%
  • 186 98.94%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 reward offered

10,000 reward offered

" From the shooting time's Web site "
    By Barnaby Dracup

Friday, 02 October 2009

"Following a stag shooting, the billionaire owner of an estate in Somerset is offering a 10,000 reward for information leading to the killer of one of his prized red deer.

Fashion and restaurant mogul Richard Caring is offering the cash reward following the shooting on 13 September at his 500-acre estate, Pixton Stables.

Estate manager Alex Cheyne said the carcase was of a six-year-old stag, one of 20 red deer in an enclosed area in front of the property.

The stag had two bullet holes in the neck that look as though they are from a low calibre rifle, possibly a .22, added Mr Cheyne.

What has made us so angry is that it looks as though it has been done simply for pleasure.

To contact Mr Cheyne with information about the incident, call 01398 324243."
    On the back of the more recent posts on poachers what do you think of this.
    in all my years in Keeping i have come across many poachers from dog men to lampers and most points in between.

but i find the fact disgusting that an A***Hole like this can shoot a red in a confined space behind a fence with a .22LR.
    how did he or they expect to retrieve the beast this to me smacks of shooting for shootings sake Must kill mentality

despite the reward if i had info i would not hesitate to inform the owner who committed this outrage

stepping off my soap box now
    AtB Ash

interesting one that Ash
    i would think they only shot it with the intention of taking the trophy instead of the whole carcass and probaly the first time they had attempted such an act at that place as it went wrong for them
    or an act of revenge for way the owner had treated such a person or persons invovled in the past
    as for grassing them up
    tricky as it could be some one that you know well and fear
    10,000 is a lot of cash thou
    but would it be worth the act's of revenge that would be sort upon you and your family if the person or persons involved found out it was you that had told
    like i say 10,000 a lot of cash and certainly worth thinking hard about
    ATB

It's dispicable how someone could have the mentality to cause harm to such an animal by shooting it with .22lr and I would have no hesitation in handing them in even if it was someone I knew, I love my sport and the animals involved and hate to see it brought into a bad light as we all then have to work that little bit harder to justify our ourselves and our actions in the eyes of the general public.
    Karl

I've always considered that you must have such concrete evidence to prove it to get your 10k [or whatever] you would have to know in quite precise detail what happened that night and would have a bit of a job explaining you were not involved cos how else would you know who it was and sufficent detail to claim the reward as they always caviate payment with "leading to a successful conviction"?

An don't forget killing the deer is only one charge [criminal damage], armed trespass, possession of an illegal firearm might be another. Whole crock of sh*t for someone.

Still its wrong and 10k is a lot right now to anyone. I don't know what I'd do. I'd certainly not trust the police to keep my name out of it.

Interesting.

RF

The money doesn't come into it for me, probably a good thing we don't still chop hands off! 8)

On the grounds of it being a barbaric act of cruelty to such a magnificent beautifull animal..

Shop the *******s..

Anonymously..

The reward definately not worth the possible repocussions to family members

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1
    On the grounds of it being a barbaric act of cruelty to such a magnificent beautifull animal..

Shop the *******s..

Anonymously..

Terry
    Spot on. JC

Quote Originally Posted by JC275
    Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1

Shop the *******s..

Anonymously..

Terry
    Spot on. JC
    100% with you on that. *******s

National press today:-
    Mr Caring has upped the amount to 15000 because another of his herd has been shot. He has also upgraded the security, hopefully this time he will get lucky and catch the scum involved.

Caring said: We have very serious security in place now. I would love them to try again. From The Sunday Times October 4, 2009

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6860118.ece

am i getting the wrong impression or is he goading them in to having another go?