375 H+H mag

Pirate hunter

After some advice on which make of rifle to get, not wanting to spend more than £1200.Thinking of a sako anyone have one?

Andy

I went with cz 550, can't fault it, didn't compare it to much though so not the most helpful review, but well under budget at around £900.....

You cannot go wrong with a CZ 550 in 375 ... use one on my friends farm in Botswana for everything ... nice heavy rifle, with big mag capacity and good iron sights (although I would get a correct height white bead from Brownells which will be better quality than the original bead).
very very reliable and used by many PH's
Tony

I bought a remmy 700 stainless(matt) in 375 and love it & well within your budget, the CZ is excellent rifle and I love the look of the SAKO Bavarian in 375 but that's realy the top end of your budget.
What you need to think about is how much use you will get out of it, if your FLD will condition it for uk use with expanding ammo then great but if it's only for use abroard then why spend more than nessasary to do he job & go for the CZ or Remmy but if you can use it here as I do then splash out a bit more but remember it isn't cheap to feed either.

but remember it isn't cheap to feed either.[/QUOTE]

I was pleasantly surprised by this one, currently paying £2.30 a round of federal soft nose in 270 or 300gr, nothing like as much as I'd been led to believe.

I went for CZ, got the 550 safari magnum. Nothing wrong with Sako except that the Sako is just to light in weight, you will need to stand your ground when firing a shot with that boy! Also get some extra padding on the recoil pad.I must say my CZ did let me down, after about the 10th shot i encountered a problem with the trigger... The hair trigger would activate but it did not send off the round when you pulled it, although the firing pin made the clicking sound. Then it was back to the local importers and after about two weeks got my baby back. Equiped with a new well working trigger! All free of charge. Now i enjoy a well working rifle on the range. And in the field. But as deerstalker said you dont want to send to many rounds down the range because of the cost involved.

Good luck in buying your rifle, and enjoy shooting it.

Andy if your looking try " UK custom in droitwich" think they are on here but I got mine from there very nice guys you can haggle with a bit I got load of top ammo cheap off them with it & real good service. Gotta find a nice stock for it now not a synthetic lover at all functionable but not my taste either that or sell it & get something else like a double wooooooooooo yeah I'm dribbling, lol

I bought a remmy 700 stainless(matt) in 375 and love it & well within your budget, the CZ is excellent rifle and I love the look of the SAKO Bavarian in 375 but that's realy the top end of your budget.
What you need to think about is how much use you will get out of it, if your FLD will condition it for uk use with expanding ammo then great but if it's only for use abroard then why spend more than nessasary to do he job & go for the CZ or Remmy but if you can use it here as I do then splash out a bit more but remember it isn't cheap to feed either.

Think I'm going to go for a CZ then it leaves a bit more money free for a low mag scope. I will be using it for pigs and deer in this country and abroad.seen one on guntrader with a little zesis on it think it was in my price range.

ATB

Andy

You won't go far wrong with a CZ thy are like an old friend reliable nd dose what it says on the tin.
Good luck.
Think I'm going to go for a CZ then it leaves a bit more money free for a low mag scope. I will be using it for pigs and deer in this country and abroad.seen one on guntrader with a little zesis on it think it was in my price range.

ATB

Andy

You won't go far wrong with a CZ thy are like an old friend reliable nd dose what it says on the tin.
Good luck.

there's a great condition one at dickson mcnaughton in edinburgh for £425 i think...condition is 9/10 . comes with recknagel mounts which are worth a few hundred quid in their own right!

There you are get yourself over there and buy yourself a MANS GUN, & join the big mans club, lol.

there's a great condition one at dickson mcnaughton in edinburgh for £425 i think...condition is 9/10 . comes with recknagel mounts which are worth a few hundred quid in their own right!

If you can find one, a brno zkk 602, I picked one up for 250 quid. Good solid reliable gun.

Mike

x2 I had the same rifle, it even had the cool little pop up peep sight in the rear reciever ring. A nice reliable, reasonably priced rig.

That being said, I'm sure you'd be more than happy with the Sako.

AB

I am currently on my third .375 HH. The first was a browning, but in the medallion line. A superb tack-driver that I picked up within your alloted budget. Just too pretty to take out and get scratched!
My second one in a Sako AV. Shoots very well, although in the synthetic line, I think it kicks a bit more than the medallion did. Priced in your budget range.
Currently, my third is an HSPrecision, which seems to have the ability to shoot around corners (Anywhere but the intended target) This one is still new to me, and obviously needs to work out some bugs! I always told my freinds that .375's just seem to group! This one is determined to make a liar out of me, and to add insult to injury, the price was way above your budget!

Back