How to get into syndicate stalking

carper99

Hi guys
I am quite interested in looking into joining a syndicate and was wanting a little bit more info. I am pretty new to stalking, and have just done my DSC-1.

Firstly, having had a browse through a few threads, it looks like syndicates are a little bit few and far between here in the south west. Is this the case, and does anyone know of any in this part of the world?

Also, what sort of prices am I looking at? From what I have seen anywhere from £500 upwards seems to be the going rate.

Will my lack of experience count against me? I have level one, and would be looking to get a few months stalking and possibly level 2 under my belt before joining.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I do have some land, but not a huge deer population. Thanks for the replies guys, will look into woodfordfallow.

If he did I doubt he'd be looking to join a syndicate :doh:

I have ground but i enjoy syndicate ground also.
to op i dont know your area but would suspect its hard to come by down there as others posted speak to woodfordfallow for starters but if you are looking at one of the forest company's then work towards your level 2 and anything else you can to help you get into one.
talk to folk on here and keep your eyes peeled in the deer stalking section but most will want level 2 yes i know its not a requirement yet but not many want only level 1 as it is restricting not only on you but you must have a level 2 out on the ground at all times so makes sence to get level 2 to go when you want.
I personally like syndicate ground and have been in fc and tillhill and still am Also currently going for other ground pick the right ones and you are on to a winner. Again alot of folk dis the fc grounds but i have found in my experience to be good ground with alot of deer ,tin hat is on now but thats my experience and maybe i have been lucky .
I hope you find what you are looking for atb wayne

Last edited:
Back