Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How old, oldest stalker on here

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

How old, oldest stalker on here

Just wondering how old is our oldest stalker on here.
    I'm already well over half way to being dead, bits are starting to not work in the way they used too and was therefore wondering how long I've probably got left until I'm just about f--ked.

Criteria for this is that you still have to shoot more than 4 deer a year.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    Just wondering how old is our oldest stalker on here.
    I'm already well over half way to being dead, bits are starting to not work in the way they used too and was therefore wondering how long I've probably got left until I'm just about f--ked.

Criteria for this is that you still have to shoot more than 4 deer a year.
    you still have a few years left then

Nothing to worry about as private gun ownership will be banned long before you are to old to stalk and all the deer will have been shot out by DEFRA contractors but looking on the brighside theres always golf and the allotment
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

I know a guy in his late 80's that goes out still, high seats only thought and needs a hand when he gets one

Probably the youngest member of the St. Hubert’s Club!

K

Much to some folks amazement I'm gonna hang on in there for a couple o months yet !!

JR
    " not the end of the world, - - but you can see it from here ! "

you wouldn't believe how old jonty h is off here
    Last edited by jay 22; 26-06-2013 at 08:21.

I've had my allocation according to the good book and am now enjoying a bonus.
    I'm not quite as old as Hugh by a few years but I started shooting Roe Deer five years before him.
    He says somewhere that he started in 1961, I started in the middle to late fifties .
    Shooting and shifting, humping and dumping has started to take it's toll now.
    Last edited by EMcC; 26-06-2013 at 08:29.

Picture below of myself in the early 1960s.
    I shot the Reds on those stony mountains until about 2004 when I had open heart surgery with complications and gave up that area.
    I still had my local Roe lease though and sometimes went down to Norfolk to shoot Muntjac and to Eire for Sika.
    About four years ago DVLA terminated my driving licence due to Glaucoma and that was the end for me at 76. I kept the Roe lease on for a couple of years for friends and guests then gave it up.
    HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    Picture below of myself in the early 1960s.
    I shot the Reds on those stony mountains until about 2004 when I had open heart surgery with complications and gave up that area.
    I still had my local Roe lease though and sometimes went down to Norfolk to shoot Muntjac and to Eire for Sika.
    About four years ago DVLA terminated my driving licence due to Glaucoma and that was the end for me at 76. I kept the Roe lease on for a couple of years for friends and guests then gave it up.
    HWH.
    Sir, we could learn a lot from you. When is the book due out?

Rgds
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)