Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some little turd

Some little turd

Out with a DSC 2 Candidate the other night and we stalked along a hedge for roe. Got almost to the end of the hedge and I suddenly thought where's the high seat gone. I said to the chap could he remember seeing one no came the answer. So after we finished I went back to have another look. And there it was gone. Some little turd has been right into the middle of a permission and taken it. So Mereside that's another one to go with the order 1 leanto as well please

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

I was doing just fine with mine in the same very public spot for over 7 years until 300-year old beech took it out.

Still trying to recover cost of new one from the adjoining landlowner 3 years on.

K

Obviously someone who knows you & your permission. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by stalkinginengland View Post
    Out with a DSC 2 Candidate the other night and we stalked along a hedge for roe. Got almost to the end of the hedge and I suddenly thought where's the high seat gone. I said to the chap could he remember seeing one no came the answer. So after we finished I went back to have another look. And there it was gone. Some little turd has been right into the middle of a permission and taken it. So Mereside that's another one to go with the order 1 leanto as well please

Mark
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

mark thats s#it ,being right in the middle somebody must have known about it unless you can see from a road but they dont stand out very well. hope you catch the ****, wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Mark
    Mark,
    PM sent.

Regards
    David

I tend to make mine from wood now. A pallet cut in half to form seat base & back, 2 lengths of 3"x2" and some slats all reinforced with wire & staples.
    They're bloody heavy so a pain to get to where you want them but of no scrap value & too much of a task to be stolen. Worst case would be some t**t with a saw, but so far so good
    Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    I tend to make mine from wood now. A pallet cut in half to form seat base & back, 2 lengths of 3"x2" and some slats all reinforced with wire & staples.
    They're bloody heavy so a pain to get to where you want them but of no scrap value & too much of a task to be stolen. Worst case would be some t**t with a saw, but so far so good
    Wingy
    Interestingly FC won't sanction wooden highseats as part of and woodland management grant so that only leaves the more nickable type. "Elf & Safety" of course.

K

Mark
    Bad news Mark, any theft makes my blood boil - zero respect for anyone else or their property - they should be gelded.
    I saw something the other day which had been developed in response to cycle theft, a tracking unit which fits in the frame tube, I wonder if it would be worth fitting one to a high seat ? I think the units were about 90 but if it lead to the bas**rds being caught it would be well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by photopro View Post
    Bad news Mark, any theft makes my blood boil - zero respect for anyone else or their property - they should be gelded.
    I saw something the other day which had been developed in response to cycle theft, a tracking unit which fits in the frame tube, I wonder if it would be worth fitting one to a high seat ? I think the units were about 90 but if it lead to the bas**rds being caught it would be well worth it.
    Something like this?

"The SpyBike GPS tracker from Integrated Trackers gives you a second line of defense. You should still lock your bike, but if a thief happens to break it free, you have a means to get it back. The device mounts inside the headset, where it is hidden and unassuming. You use a special wrench to secure the device, so it's not easily removed.Activate the unit when you leave your bike using the accompanying electronic key ring. If the bike is taken before being deactivated with your key (i.e. stolen), the vibration sensor initiates the tracking system, which sends you an alert SMS message and begins uploading coordinates to the cloud every 20 seconds until the vibration stops. The unit will activate again when the vibration starts up (i.e. the thief is riding or transporting the bicycle), so you can continue keeping up on its whereabouts.
    You can keep track of the bike's location via Integrated Trackers' website, and then relay its location to the police. If you forgot to arm the unit before your bike was stolen, you can remotely activate it by sending an SMS message. It checks its messages automatically every six hours, so it will begin tracking when it gets your message."

Had a double highseat nicked a couple years back. It was a good 1000 yards too the closest exit and it was via a house. The lady that stays in the house told us she saw a 4x4 come in with 2 guys go away into the wood and return carrying it. She never thought anything of it. She asked the guys on the way past what they were doing, they said just moving it to a new location and that was it. Gone too a new location. She never gor reg plate or nothing. Just assumed it was soneone we knew because they were so calm and friendly about it all and it was in the middle of the day so didnt think they would have the nerve to steal anything. Wasnt til we spoke to her aftr we noticed she felt a tad apologetic but not her fault. The thieving *******s. Would love to find it some day and steal it back.
    Always think before you pull that trigger.