Thread: Would you guys sponsor me for charity?

Would you guys sponsor me for charity?

Not sure what I have let myself in for but I have agreed to do a sponsored row.I had never been on a rowing machine in the gym until a few months ago when I did quite well for a while. I then stopped going as I was too busy.
    Anyway, I have been challenged to do a marathon row (42195M) and for a fat unfit bloke this is quite a challenge indeed!!!
    The official website (concept2 rowing machines) and various forums suggest that anything under 4 hrs is fine, under 3 1/2 would be good and thats going to be my goal. I have until September 1st to train as I need to do this on the 2nd.
    So if I have to put myself through this I guess someone should benefit so will be looking for sponsorship.
    Charities will be H4H and one of the cancer charities. I would like to think that between here, other forums and local sponsorship I can raise 500.

So before I set up one of those just giving page things I though I would gauge response from here.

What do you reckon guys? worth giving a few quid?
    If you could post here to give me an idea of how many might donate that would be great.

If there is a decent response I will add the link to the page later and hopefully post details of the event when I do it.

Thanks in advance

Edd

Quote Originally Posted by eddoakley View Post
    Not sure what I have let myself in for but I have agreed to do a sponsored row.I had never been on a rowing machine in the gym until a few months ago when I did quite well for a while. I then stopped going as I was too busy.
    Anyway, I have been challenged to do a marathon row (42195M) and for a fat unfit bloke this is quite a challenge indeed!!!
    The official website (concept2 rowing machines) and various forums suggest that anything under 4 hrs is fine, under 3 1/2 would be good and thats going to be my goal. I have until September 1st to train as I need to do this on the 2nd.
    So if I have to put myself through this I guess someone should benefit so will be looking for sponsorship.
    Charities will be H4H and one of the cancer charities. I would like to think that between here, other forums and local sponsorship I can raise 500.

So before I set up one of those just giving page things I though I would gauge response from here.

What do you reckon guys? worth giving a few quid?
    If you could post here to give me an idea of how many might donate that would be great.

If there is a decent response I will add the link to the page later and hopefully post details of the event when I do it.

Thanks in advance

Edd
    Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by eddoakley View Post
    Not sure what I have let myself in for but I have agreed to do a sponsored row.I had never been on a rowing machine in the gym until a few months ago when I did quite well for a while. I then stopped going as I was too busy.Anyway, I have been challenged to do a marathon row (42195M) and for a fat unfit bloke this is quite a challenge indeed!!!The official website (concept2 rowing machines) and various forums suggest that anything under 4 hrs is fine, under 3 1/2 would be good and thats going to be my goal. I have until September 1st to train as I need to do this on the 2nd.So if I have to put myself through this I guess someone should benefit so will be looking for sponsorship. Charities will be H4H and one of the cancer charities. I would like to think that between here, other forums and local sponsorship I can raise 500.So before I set up one of those just giving page things I though I would gauge response from here.What do you reckon guys? worth giving a few quid?If you could post here to give me an idea of how many might donate that would be great.If there is a decent response I will add the link to the page later and hopefully post details of the event when I do it.Thanks in advanceEdd
    Easy stuff ED you'll get addicted pretty quickly a 500, 2000, 5000 and a 10000 a week, once your in the way of it you'll find the marathon simple .

Enter the million meter club on concepts website it is amazing just how fast you can turn a million meters .
    ive done a lot of charity rows for a local hospice the last being 24 hour job ,hard going through the night but well worth the sore arse for three days after it .

Get a ergo rower or a rower to show you how to use it first, your fitness will come right up in around 6 weeks .

Drink plenty and get off the machine every 10000 meters, to save compressing your lower spine last but not least get hold of a seat pad comfy bum 41195 is a long way with a sore ring, you can buy them from concept .

Me and the Mrs should have a charity row....itd get a fortune at 1p a row!

Go ferrit Edd
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Go for it m8 we'll all chip in something I'm sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Me and the Mrs should have a charity row....itd get a fortune at 1p a row!

Go ferrit Edd
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

nO MORE CHARITY FOR ME UNLESS THERE IS A CHARITY NUMBER AND A CAUSE I SUPPORT.