Thread: UPDATE THREAD - How's the wild life camera's coming ?

UPDATE THREAD - How's the wild life camera's coming ?

Just wondering how everyone is getting on with their Aldi/LIDL wildlife / game camera's ?

Feel free to post any results comment's you have in this thread

After filming myself dancing around my living room on the first night, I managed to get it set up on my permission on Sunday with some salt licks and molasses about.
    Hoping to go up Saturday and see if it has worked at all

How long are you guys leaving them before checking etc ?

Also if anyone knows these , I would appreciate it, 1. What memory card goes in the ALDI model, as it would be easier to swap over and leave the camera going than to take it home and then have to trek back up there to set it up again. 2. How long will the battery last ? It has 8 AA in it

Best of luck to everyone
    Lloyd

Just unclip it, look at the pictures and then put it back? Surely you don't need to change the card?
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabz View Post
    Just unclip it, look at the pictures and then put it back? Surely you don't need to change the card?
    Could do mate but I'd quite like to transfer any pics / vids to my laptop to be able to have a good look
    Also the landowner invites me in for a cuppa when I'm about and he said he would love to have a look and be interesting to see what's about on it.

The Aldi one takes 4 AA batteries.

Here are some video's from mine

Click on the image to play

Cubs now dealt with thanks to the camera

Lidl control unit needs telescope to view image so simplest thing is to buy cheap and cheeerful 4 gb sd card and swap round every time. After several blank fortnights in places heaving with deer I now format the card in the cam EVERY time it is replaced.

Only switched the Aldi cam from bunnies to reds last sunday and will give it to next sunday before switching cards. Aldi screen definitely allows easier viewing.

There's been a lot of posts on lidl/aldi cams so I advise you search ' aldi lidl game cams' . At this stage a lot of the guys have got most of the wrinkles out of operating the cams, which should save you a bit of time setting up.

Freshly cut branches of almost any tree will attract and hold deer, and are probably more effective than bait or salt at this time of year.

I had one jackpot session with the reds using the lidl cam, see link below.

ionhjhamilton's Library | Photobucket

Anyone living in the land of saints and scholars might like to know Aldi still have cams in stock.

Ion

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd90 View Post
    Could do mate but I'd quite like to transfer any pics / vids to my laptop to be able to have a good look
    Also the landowner invites me in for a cuppa when I'm about and he said he would love to have a look and be interesting to see what's about on it.
    Lloyd

see link below for my you tube channel.

It has 4 videos from the previous two weeks and a photo montage from this week.

YouTube

i bought the bresser from lidl.

Make sure no branches near sensor as any wind movement will activate.

great bit of kit and I have been lucky enough to get video/photos every time I have put it up.

ATB

​Stewarty

Couldn't get your vids to work mate

I am going up tomorrow for a check, got a spare memory card so will swap them over and have a good look on my laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Stewarty69 View Post
    Lloyd

YouTube

great bit of kit and I have been lucky enough to get video/photos every time I have put it up.

ATB

​Stewarty
    Linky not working for me either chap

Quote Originally Posted by Stewarty69 View Post
    Lloyd

YouTube

ATB

​Stewarty

Pretty decent video it takes, may look into obtaining a couple if anywhere has any left.

​george

I got a couple of pictures and video's, one of 2 empty, 1 with a wood pecker and 1 a small bird ... but this is by far my favourite one ...

It seems the deer came the first few day's , but once the Molasses were mostly gone didn't come back for just the licks. Have put more Molasses out and left the camera out ... have also been given the go ahead to clear some land / tree's when it's ok and to put out some feeders