Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAC RESTRICTIONS

FAC RESTRICTIONS

Gents
    I have read with great interest all posts iin the section i will add into the mix the conditions of my fac any advice most welcome
    for my 17 hmr 22 223 i have a condition of use of able to shoot on land where i have the legal right to do , so my question on this is what does the mean in real terms
    for my 308 to use whilst stalking accom by a competant stalker i have since completed my DSC 1 and was thinking of looking to get this condition removed any ideas of my chances of of this?
    Regards
    Pete

Pete the condition has no legal basis more it has its roots with the police. Ask them to remove it.

Absolutely, this is a nonsense and is a Chief Constable pushing his luck and it does not relate to Home Office guidance in any way. Get it removed.

There is actually a huge doubt over whether any proceedings could be initiated if you broke this condition.

Even though this has no legal basis, the fact that you sign your certificate means you will agree to abide by the conditions on it, so if you broke the condition you may get into difficulties wether you won in the end or not.Steve.

retsrictions

Thanks to all for the advice, whats the best way to go about getting this removed ,any body any thoughts on the other bit (the legal right to do so) does this mean this is a open ticket providing i have wriiten permissing form the land owner?
    Pete

if you are a member of BASC they may be able to point you in the right direction....

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270
    Even though this has no legal basis, the fact that you sign your certificate means you will agree to abide by the conditions on it, so if you broke the condition you may get into difficulties wether you won in the end or not.Steve.
    There is some slight confusion here. My understanding is that to be in receipt of an FAC NOT signed is the offence. The fact that it has conditions on it is irrelevant as the FAC is not a contract.

Signing your FAC is a legal requirement so please ALWAYS sign your FAC whether you agree with the conditions on it or not.

You cannot be charged with any offence if the offence is a breach of a condition that has no basis in law nor on the statute books.

Write to the Police and request they remove the condition. If they refuse, ask for the reasons why your request is being refused and whom is the deciding officer and get this in writing.

Keep us posted

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder
    There is some slight confusion here. My understanding is that to be in receipt of an FAC NOT signed is the offence. The fact that it has conditions on it is irrelevant as the FAC is not a contract.
    This is true.

Why are the conditions applied to the certificate if there is no required compliance with this "contract"?, It seems plod can write anything he likes on it at present, why then are we required to sign our certificates? does it not state that breach of conditions is an offence?

It is indeed an offence to breach the conditions however, as I have been mooting for years, this condition [the one we are talking about] has no basis in law and so should be refuted at every step but [perhaps understandably] people get excited about having their first FAC and will almost agree to anything.... lawful or not.

This condition of mentoring has no basis in law, therefore should be challenged and I have successfully had it removed from friends FAC and when asked to be a mentor said "no! if you have any concerns as to the persons suitability then refuse the FAC and we'll take it from there" Spooky but they still issued the FAC.

BASC will help but its hard to do anything if the individual has already agreed to it, got his ticket and realises his / her error.

But it is a simple question; how can something be enforceable if it isn't the law?