Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Mail story on S Yorks licensing failure. BASC quoted.

Daily Mail story on S Yorks licensing failure. BASC quoted.

Police force has no idea where licenced gun holders are after staff member wrote down the wrong information

• 9,000 people will be asked to confirm where they live and the guns they own
    • South Yorkshire Police said that their records had not been properly updated
    • Expert: 'To see such a failing on the police side is shocking'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...formation.html

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Clarke View Post
    Police force has no idea where licenced gun holders are after staff member wrote down the wrong information
    • 9,000 people will be asked to confirm where they live and the guns they own
    • South Yorkshire Police said that their records had not been properly updated
    • Expert: 'To see such a failing on the police side is shocking'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...formation.html
    shocking. I think the person in question should face prosecution. They'd be quick enough to do it to us for not informing them of changes.

That explains this thread a few weeks ago:

south yorks

I hope that BASC throw this episode right back into their faces next time they have a discussion about increasing fees!

AAHhh! , but this is just the Feifdom of S yorks!,.............. All others remain unstained by this!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Chief Superintendent Rob Odell said the training given to firearms licensing officers was not the cause of the problem.

He said: 'We are in a situation not of our making

Absolute nonsense, the situation is entirely of their own making!

Ch Supt Odell said it became apparent in October that records of changes such as licence holders moving house or changing the type of gun used were not being updated.

So far 4,500 of the licence owners have responded since receiving letters in May

The force was aware of the problem, but bdid nothing for over 6 months! It beggars belief.
    Last edited by Chanty Wrassler; 27-06-2013 at 17:50.

Now what would happen if the other 4,500 denied all knowledge of ever having a firearms certificate or said that they had sold their firearms in the long and distant past and had passed on the information at the time?

He said: 'We are in a situation not of our making.
    That's a good one

They haven't exactly demonstrated that they are competent to manage the administration of the firearms acts have they. Now what's that song I was thinking of - We are Fred Kano's army, what earthly use are we ...........
    Last edited by 8x57; 27-06-2013 at 18:14.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    AAHhh! , but this is just the Feifdom of S yorks!
    I think you'll find that the official term is The peoples republic of South Yorkshire

I'm guessing that someone scanned all the paper certificates, shredded the old ones and didn't save the new files?

Do police know the law on guns? | Shooting times

Perhaps the item above shows that they really are (amongst others) "in a situation of their own making."

I hope this bites THEM in the arse and not US!
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

So what happens to one of us if we get asked to produce an FAC and say 'oh dear - I think I must have shredded it by mistake'?