Thread: Courses

Courses

does anybody know of any taxedermy courses that a reasonably priced around the worcestershire of herefordshire area? cheers x

try googling snowdonia taxidermy supplies they should know of courses around the country.
    regards paul

Account Suspended
    I tried doing a head and shoulder mount quite a few years ago it turned out like Eshter Ranzens cat so i now leave it to the experts, its not as easy as you might think you need to be very artistic to capture the moment in its life.

Have you seen some of the examples that have been sold on ebay they look like they have come through the wall.

The extent of my taxidermy skills now relate to head bone presentations the long nose cut being my preference followed by a full skull

Quote Originally Posted by Caprelous View Post
    I tried doing a head and shoulder mount quite a few years ago it turned out like Eshter Ranzens cat so i now leave it to the experts, its not as easy as you might think you need to be very artistic to capture the moment in its life.

Have you seen some of the examples that have been sold on ebay they look like they have come through the wall.

The extent of my taxidermy skills now relate to head bone presentations the long nose cut being my preference followed by a full skull
    Agreed!! I did a fox mask a number of years ago; it ain't going to win any prizes.... ....although in fairness to myself, it is still a whole heap better than some of the right ****e that you see being put up for sale at some of the game fairs . What staggers me is that some people obviously seem quite happy to part with good money for a specimen that looks as though it's been beaten to death with a shovel and preserved in that state!!! The difference between taxidermy and good taxidermy is immense - make sure that you get someone that knows what they are doing to teach you.

I now get mine done by a professional.

MEN!! Know your limitations!!!!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.