Thread: Anyone any experience with company liquidating

Anyone any experience with company liquidating

Any one any tips on what to do and how to go about getting your money back when a company liquidates only found out 30minutes ago and there's only an email address.

Any tips guys?

In my experience if you paid with a credit card you should be able to claim it back, other than that you're pretty much screwed.
    Virtutis Gloria Merces

Quote Originally Posted by davidm View Post
    Any one any tips on what to do and how to go about getting your money back when a company liquidates only found out 30minutes ago and there's only an email address.

Any tips guys?
    if its not covered by a CC or some other scheme than all you can do is apply to the administrator (liquidator). The company may fold immediately or trade under administration to complete outstanding orders. You may get some percentage of what your owed but often with a small business's going under its very little or nothing.

I think insolvency notices are posted in the "Gazette" with details of the administrators. Until someone better qualified comes along that all I've got.

Thanks it was payed credit card.

It's my partners wedding dress lucky were not getting married till feb there's a few from the same shop getting married next few weeks with no dresses feel sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by davidm View Post
    Thanks it was payed credit card.

It's my partners wedding dress lucky were not getting married till feb there's a few from the same shop getting married next few weeks with no dresses feel sorry for them.
    Unfortuntately I have had to use this on two occasions now, here is a template for the letter to write to your credit card company :

[insert name and
    address of credit
    card company]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Account number: [insert credit card number]

Ref: Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

[Use this section if the company has gone into administration or delete]
    I am writing to request that you reimburse me the value of [enter amount] as paid to [enter company name] for a [enter item purchased] on [enter date] with my [enter the name of your credit card] credit card.

My claim is made on the grounds that the company has gone into administration and you are jointly and severally liable for any misrepresentation or breach of contract with the above supplier under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

[Use this section if you have a faulty good or delete]
    I am writing to request that you reimburse me the value of [enter amount] as [select from full payment for / partial payment towards] a [enter item purchased] I paid for with my [enter the name of your credit card] credit card to [enter company name] on [enter date].

My claim is made on the grounds that the item purchased was faulty and I have been unable to resolve my complaint with the supplier and that you are jointly and severally liable for any misrepresentation or breach of contract with the above supplier under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

[Use this section if you would like to claim additional costs or delete]
    In addition to the cost of the item, I would also like to claim the additional amount of [enter amount] for the consequential losses I have incurred as a result of the suppliers breach. These costs are as follows: [enter details of additional costs, for example cost of delivery if you have had to post a faulty good back to the supplier] bringing my total claim to [enter amount of item plus extra cost].

[Use this section for all letters]
    I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

[insert signature]

[insert your name]

....ps send it recorded delivery and print off the proof of delivery signature off the royal tracking.

Good luck, on the first occasion I had to get the financial ombudsman involved and it took a year, on the second occasion a little over a month.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest