Thread: Soldering help please

Soldering help please

Could anyone on here solder two electronic sized connectors (so two male connectors, two female) on a headlamp for me please?

I bought a very good headlamp off eBay but the quality of the wiring is poor and because I use it when out lamping and for walking the dog I don't think the wiring is intended to be regularly connected / disconnected.

As a result one on the connectors snapped off the battery and the sellers sent me a new battery but now that is starting to show signs of fracturing.

What it needs is the old connectors cutting off, two female connectors put on the batteries , one male on the lamp and one on the charger then put some heat shrink to protect / waterproof. I have already the shrink tube plus have bought the connectors (Maplin DC Power Plug 2.1mm / 5.5mm) but they require mini soldering which is beyond my capability.

I will cover all costs (inc return postage or deliver and collect if someone is local) plus either send you cash for the job or make a donation to H4H (or charity of your choice)?

Thanks in advance.

Iain
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

I might be able to help. Ill speak to one of yhe electrical engineers at work.

Ill let you know shortly mate.

Atb

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by pezz69 View Post
    I might be able to help. Ill speak to one of yhe electrical engineers at work. Ill let you know shortly mate. Atb Nathan
    WOW!

4 minutes.

Good here, ennit!

​Many thanks.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Yes I can get that done for you bud.

Ill send my details over shortly.

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by pezz69 View Post
    Yes I can get that done for you bud. Ill send my details over shortly. Nathan
    8 minutes. Sorted.

Excellent. Many thanks.

Next we move on to World Food Shortage, the Middle East problem, global warming etc? Who needs Politicians

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    8 minutes. Sorted.

Excellent. Many thanks.

Next we move on to World Food Shortage, the Middle East problem, global warming etc? Who needs Politicians
    Can we nail immigration first....... please?

Pm sent mate. And most definitely, unfortunately I'm not a bent lieing cheating tw*t so much to my dismay I have no powers to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TIKKA .223 View Post
    Can we nail immigration first....... please?
    The Daily Mail would have a great day?

"MAN WITH RIFLES WILL SORT OUT IMMIGRATION"

Soldering sorted. Many thanks Pezz69. PM sent.

A friend once wrote to Tony Blair offering to sort out the immigration problem for him if he would pay for the cartridges!
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    A friend once wrote to Tony Blair offering to sort out the immigration problem for him if he would pay for the cartridges!