Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Back

Bloody Back

I have managed to slip 2 disks in my back and totally f**ked it so I have spent the past week in the prone position.
    Used my time productively with some mammoth SD sessions (and some other random field sports sites AusHunt is worth a read (some pretty cool hunting goes on down under) and the infighting of the terrier and lurcher lads on the hunting life is entertaining) and read Richard Prior's Roe Deer and Duff Hart-Davies amongst the deer cover to cover twice.
    Looks like I am going to be stuck like this for a while longer so if any one has any suggestions of good stalking related books that are readily available or any other sites where I can pass some time suggestion would be appreciated.
    Just hoping that i am fit enough for the rut starting (and baby is due end of july but priorities!).
    Cheers
    Paul

sorry to hear of your bad back, I know how you feel, nothing as bad, I have some dvds if you want to borrow them. let me know if you want them

Quote Originally Posted by Bart308 View Post
    I have managed to slip 2 disks in my back and totally f**ked it so I have spent the past week in the prone position.
    Used my time productively with some mammoth SD sessions (and some other random field sports sites AusHunt is worth a read (some pretty cool hunting goes on down under) and the infighting of the terrier and lurcher lads on the hunting life is entertaining) and read Richard Prior's Roe Deer and Duff Hart-Davies amongst the deer cover to cover twice.
    Looks like I am going to be stuck like this for a while longer so if any one has any suggestions of good stalking related books that are readily available or any other sites where I can pass some time suggestion would be appreciated.
    Just hoping that i am fit enough for the rut starting (and baby is due end of july but priorities!).
    Cheers
    Paul
    Get yourself a good private physio asap if you have not already done so. atb Tim

Cheers the scudd that very kind of you pm sent.

Already on with it Tim but not making much difference at the min.

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Get yourself a good private physio asap if you have not already done so. atb Tim
    Would suggest go to an osteopath, rather than physio. That's my experience, anyway. Physio messed around for months, with weekly sessions. Worked in the end, but a long slog. Now, any probs I go to osteopath, and he puts me straight in one or two sessions.

I wouldn't let either and osteopath or a physio touch me (that's now, I learnt the hard, expensive way). A good physio will give you exersises to do which will relieve and help.
    The best bet is to take anti inflammitories and hope the prolapse 'slips' back in. Look on back related medical websites for best info and beware of the clicking and crunching brigade!

I know how you feel, I have been off work for nearly a month now with a prolapsed disk (same as a slipped disk according to my physiotherapist) its bloody horrible having to get the wife to dress you mornings! Luckily my place of work pay for me to go to a very good private Physiotherapist and she has helped, got another appointment on Monday. I am going back to work next Wednesday and hopefully it will be ok but its still giving me a little bit of stick at times. You cant do a thing about it and it gets you down being stuck at home all the time! Daytime TV is worse than the pain!! I hope you feel better soon.

Had it on and off for a lot of years and not a big fan of oestopaths as one made it worse a few years back, physio has always been a help in the past but isn't touching it at the min, but the drugs are helping and I am waiting to see a consultant about whiping them out.

To many years of big bergans and tabbing about while ignoring your body does not do wonders for backs or knees, feel knacked and am only 35!
    Refusing to let Day time TV pollute my eyes RPA, hence my request for recomedations of good books etc.

Looking foward to theScudds DVDs - what a top bloke!
    And hope it all goes well next week for yor back RPA and I am not far behind you.

When you are getting fit again get one of those inflatable gym balls, my physio recommended this as I recovered from a back injury. If I have even the slightest hint of pain or stiffness in the back doing around 2 minutes worth of exercises soon eases it. The anti-inflammatories are really good at getting you mobile again if they work for you. atb Tim

I had to stop taking the Naproxen Anti inflammitories as they were upsetting my stomach (possible ulcer) but kept on with the solpadol and the diazepam and they just made me sleep for hours! The most painful thing for me is sitting, how about you? My biggest problem is that I do 12 hour shift work as a Fork Lift Truck driver which is lovely when that is the worst position for me! I am like you I have suffered for years lifting silly things in the wrong manner such as big Armoured cables (previous job) and heaving bloody great Red deer around, all at the wrong height and in the wrong way!