Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe sack

Roe sack

After cleaning the liner to my roe carrier and re fixing it in this afternoon l have decided its time for a replacement, also after lending my best stalking jacket to the otherhalf this evening she downs a small munty buck and looking at the state of the jacket she needs 1 also .
    The 1 l have has done ok, been repaired once in 4 years l cant remember where l got it but it is certainly seen better days, l know you see them around on varous websites but what do you guys recomend for a strong easy to clean carrier.

The harkila sack is a great Roe sac and i am sure would carry a small sika /fallow .Here it is with two roe in it. The before and after picture

The new owners of the Wrights of Huntly workshop. Now called the Grampian Saddlery Workshop, Inverurie. Only place I would go for one now.

Twice the price of most others but great quality, tough as tough and made for hard use. Chuffed with my new one and you can have it made to order just as you want it. I know of some that are still going decades later with no repairs!

Unless your dogs ears are errect, that first photo belongs in Stags "Deer and their antlers thread"
    Great photo.
    basil.

I've heard good things about the Harkila:
    http://www.decoying.co.uk/?page=show-item&item=51
    That seems a good price too. Slightly cheaper is the Titan which also gets good reviews:
    http://www.titanproducts.co.uk/new-t...-7999-79-p.asp

I'm glad you've asked the question because I'm still trying to decide which one to get myself.
    I'm now hoping someone will have tried each of the ones above and can tell us which is best!
    I think ease of cleaning would be a vote winner for me.
    Regards, MS

The titan is very strong but will make a noise as a result. If you are after a silent Roe sack i would recommend a sack made of loden. They are not cheap though!

May I SAY I HAD A VERY NICE LODEN ROE BAG IT REALLY DID LOOK THE PART BUT I AM AFRAID THATS WERE IT FINNISHES. THEY WILL DO YU NOT MORE THAN A SEASON UNLESS YOU ONLY SHOOT A COUPLE OF DEER A YEAR.
    You could try a yul sac they work ok and can be carried in yur poachers pocket or a very small bag.

The canvas bds one with zip compartment in the lid & washable liner is quiet enough, I have not managed to bust mine, (welders can break anything!)

I have the Harkila roe sack - it's pretty much bomb-proof in construction but its main advantage is that it compresses down into a small flat knapsack through the use of three simple compression straps. So rather than a big empty roe sack that drags and catches on undergrowth etc, it stays nice, small and low-profile until you need it.

It holds two decent sized roe too and is very comfortable to carry when fully loaded.

Adam.

MS try this link for a Roe Sack your old mate '300wsm' first came up with the idea a few years ago in an Article in Deer Magazine.