Game Fair Camping

defender

I have just visited the CLA game fair website to book tickets and camping as it is a bit of a trek for me, the plan was to drive up on Friday Night visit the show Saturday and drive back on Sunday, so the costs were:
Entry 2 adults £42
Camping £130
Electricity £80

So £210 to camp for two nights! how do they justify that?

Needless to say I will not be going to the CLA game fair, if anyone knows of any others game fairs where they have reasonable camping prices please let me know.

​Martin

£40 electric per day? Talk about extortion!
I thought it was illegal to charge for electricity seperately because as in this case there is no way you will use £40 in a day.
The price of electricity had to be included in the pitch cost.

I thought it was illegal to charge for electricity seperately because as in this case there is no way you will use £40 in a day.

most canp sites charge seperatley for electric,you have a choice of pitch with or without.£40 a day is mad i pressume they are charging more as they will have to run electric to the site,prob fron generators where as normal camp sites have it there already.im sure there must be a camp site within 5mile,would be a better option

The camp site I use for regular weekends away, they charge £12.50 for 2 people with a tent/caravan or £15.50 with electric, so £40 is taking the p+ss. How can you use that much electric in summer.

atb blue

Sorry defender, my mind was on the Scottish Game Fair this week end, just organised accommodation myself.

Just booked Days Inn at junction12 of M40 for thursday night for£55. Brilliant value I will get up at 6.00 as usual and hopefully miss most of the traffic, breakfast at Game Conservancy and be ready for a great day out!

Back