Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which autoprime ??

which autoprime ??

hi lads

ive just broke my lee handheld autoprimer (the lever broke) ,what auto primes do you guys use as i fancy a different make to lee ???

ATB

Dave

I use the Lee one too, I also have snapped the handle on one of them.
    A friend of mine uses the RCBS one and it seems much better than the Lee one in my opinion.

see what spud has but i still like the lee

The old lee round ones are great but I don't rate the new square ones at all. The tabs on the corners of the clear plastic tray lids snapped of first time I used them. Have you tried contacting Tim Hannams Ive had lee die spares from there before you might be able to get a replacement part for a couple of

​Rick

I broke the handle on my Lee auto prime earlier this year as well........although I have had it for 20 years!

I replaced it with the new Lee Autoprime with the square tray. I find it just as good as the old one.

RCBS, APS hand primer. I found it to be a much better machine than the Lee offering.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

I used the same Lee for 20 years and gave it to my son. I bought one of the new ones. Don't like it as much as the old one except that it's easier to put a full box of primers into it. My old one was lubed at every change from small to large rifle. A dab of lithium on the tip of the plunger where the lever contacts it has kept it running for decades.~Muir

Ergo prime from Lee with red handle and square tray

Quote Originally Posted by glogin View Post
    Ergo prime from Lee with red handle and square tray
    thanks lads ive just ordered a new lee ergo prime

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I used the same Lee for 20 years and gave it to my son. I bought one of the new ones. Don't like it as much as the old one except that it's easier to put a full box of primers into it. My old one was lubed at every change from small to large rifle. A dab of lithium on the tip of the plunger where the lever contacts it has kept it running for decades.~Muir
    Tell it how it is Mr. Muir!

Spent a small fortune on one of these but keep going back to the Lee, with all its creaks & groans, as it simply does what it says on the tin and without fuss. I also find somewhat ironically that the Lee affords a far better ‘feel’ of when primers are seated properly than the K&M but then you are SUPPOSED to use the dial gauge for such uniformity assuming you prefer reloading to shooting!

K