Town pigeons

The Singing Stalker

I am helping the local council to compile a report on the ways to control feral pigeons in the town. Air guns are an option but need to look at what other methods are available.
i have come up with netting and pricking the eggs, better hygiene, ie clean up the rubbish etc.

anybody able to give suggestions that might help, pros and cons etc? I will need info on feral pigeon diseases as some members of the public like them.

​any pointers greatly appreciated.

Feed them corn doped with whisky, then pick them up and knock em on the head. The ones you don't get will have nothing worse than a hangover!
Kev.

Get onto Killgerm or Barrenttine environmental or network and ask for network Nigel's contact number or ask Kg or SE tech staff either way they between them will give you current up to date info on all that and all the new deterrents now available, legislation, hygeine, flyers etc

Get it straight from the horses mouth so to speak, that way you'll have a good representation of the way forward in bird work rather than sieving through a load of old tosh.

If you need contact numbers PM me and I will send some over to you

Atb and good luck

​Phil

ahh the old poachers trick and a bit of horse hair ;)

Feed them corn doped with whisky, then pick them up and knock em on the head. The ones you don't get will have nothing worse than a hangover!
Kev.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Done loads from narcotising to shooting trapping etc etc. 37 years with Council Environmental Health depts.
Pm me or philip. Wf1

i recall a i think it was birmingham council having a similer problem, they used many methods, nets, spikes, but they also tried using birds of pray, and decoys of them to.

Well I received a lot of good information from the contacts. Thanks a lot fellas. I have passed the information over to the council to chew over.
They seemed very hoy with it.

Build a shed that they can get into, like a dookit, feed them for a few days then make it one way entry! just empty the shed of them :) job done!

Back