Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darlows Gunsmiths Norwich

Darlows Gunsmiths Norwich

Does anyone have a contact number for this gunsmith? I have a BT number but no-one ever answers it.
    Thanks,
    Glyn.

Just googled and found this mobile number- might be worth a try.

Their shop in the centre of Norwich closed donkeys years ago.

07747 041153

Quote Originally Posted by Hodmedod.one View Post
    Just googled and found this mobile number- might be worth a try.

Their shop in the centre of Norwich closed donkeys years ago.

07747 041153
    That's great, thank you. Not sure why I couldn't find that myself, must be having a blonde moment!

Just spoken to someone on that number.

Cheers, Glyn.

The gunsmith was killed in an RTA in May.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    The gunsmith was killed in an RTA in May.
    Thanks, I didn't realise that the gunsmith that was sadly killed worked for them, I thought that they had simply taken over his work afterwards. I think that my query is being resolved now anyway. Best wishes, Glyn.

Does anyone have any other numbers or names of people involved with this business please? Been let down very badly and now they are not answering either of the numbers that I have.

I suppose that I will end up having to deal with trading standards or the small claims court but thats just a hassle for everyone, I would rather give them another final chance to put things right first.

Also, I don't suppose anyone knows a proper reputable gunsmith, ideally in Norfolk, who can mend a firing pin or spring on a Winchester 23 by next weekend?

Thanks,
    Glyn

you could try Elderkin & Son (Gunmakers) Ltd., Spalding

• Street: 17 Broad Street
      Zip Code/City: PE11 1TG Spalding, Lincolnshire
      Phone: 01775 722919
      Fax: 01775 760556

Norfolk Sporting Guns, Wymondham, Norfolk Tel :01953605517 Chris tanner, highly recommended.
    Frank at Darlows was sadly killed as has been said. The Mid Norfolk Shooting School is nothing to do with his firm but used him a lot and might be able to give you a contact number.

Thanks for the tips, my gun was originally left with Frank for repair, after I heard about his accident I left it a while out of respect then tried to track it down. Unfortunately I couldn't get a response from anyone and after trying for several weeks I contacted Norfolk Police, basically to report my gun missing, I expected it to be a major drama but they were very good about it. When I finally got hold of someone at Darlows they couldn't find the gun to begin with as it hadn't been entered into their records, they finally found it in bits in a box. Two of their 'gunsmiths' then 'repaired' it and returned it to me at a cost of 60. Stupidly I didn't test fire it straight away. Travelled to a charity clay shoot this morning only to find that it now doesn't work at all! Finally managed to speak to a chap today who was very rude and ended up putting the phone down on me.

I suppose that I'll have to pay again to get it repaired elsewhere and then decide whether or not it is worth the grief of trying to recover my 60.

I'm afraid that hardly a day goes by when I don't find myself feeling very disappointed with a product, service or person. Are standards really falling so dramatically or am I just getting old and grumpy!

I think the worst thing to come out of this is the fact that Franks name is associated with this company as he was a very well respected Gunsmith.

I'm afraid that hardly a day goes by when I don't find myself feeling very disappointed with a product, service or person.
    Me too

Are standards really falling so dramatically or am I just getting old and grumpy!
    IMHO YES to the first part and No to the second part