Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll let you know....

I'll let you know....

I have had three top end shotguns for sale on here for some time and i have just got home from a 70 mile "viewing" of my 28g EELL for the umpteenth time. The potential buyer loved the wee gun and for the umpteenth time he didn't place a deposit but promised to get back to me. Just got a text message saying he is doing some home improvements and has limited funds available. £20 in diesel again and two hours wasted.... For the umpteenth time!!

You'll be on a loss by the time that these go...! What hit would you take from a local RFD to sell for you? Must be getting close to the cost of fuel already.

Why aren't folk coming to you? We bought a tv from John Lewis recently, and if I'd phoned and asked them to bring it here to look at, the phone would've gone down.

Ask for a 5% deposit before you travel - that'll sort the properly interested from the tyre kickers

Good luck with the sales R-D
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks... I have been messed about purely by my own generosity. A few members on here have asked a hundred questions and pictures and seem keen then won't even answer my PM's. So i think i will do as others do and if you want to view then travel to me.

'you know where the gun is if you want to see it'

just saying, might be a better idea

Why don't you stick then on guntrader? Surely you don't think a small forum of stalkers are going to purchase all 3 guns.

I echo the sentiments above. Why don't you insist on prospective purchasers coming to you?
    No offence intended, but your guns certainly aren't priced to reflect the fact that it is a buyers market, either.

I had a L200 on here..

Exactly same thing, loads of questions, loads of promises on an original motor with history proving 36k miles from new.. Sold it privately

As others have said guntrader seems a reasonable suggestion, ive got my .308 on there as am after a 30-06
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

I know it doesn't help but I do think this is a classic example of the internet giving a false sense of both anonymity and reality to keenly 'interested' parties with the result a somewhat hastily beat retreat when faced with the reality of an in-the-flesh person and need to find funds for the coveted product in question.

Just my view and of absolutely zero help I acknowledge.

K

Yes. Thanks all for constructive replies. It is a buyers market but top quality equipment doesn't go for buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by 20-250 View Post
    I echo the sentiments above. Why don't you insist on prospective purchasers coming to you?
    No offence intended, but your guns certainly aren't priced to reflect the fact that it is a buyers market, either.
    What price do you suggest i aim for?