Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: battery

battery

In need of a new battery any recommendation for a 12 volt lamp,an i lamp on foot

Get a lithium ion from Deben, a lot of money but should last several years.

​Al

Not worth getting now. LED have changed lamping. 4 aaa in a hand torch is so much better and cheaper and lighter

Quote Originally Posted by joe soapy View Post
    Not worth getting now. LED have changed lamping. 4 aaa in a hand torch is so much better and cheaper and lighter
    Rubbish I have both, use the battery and lamp for scanning the ground and the torch for shooting when I'm on my own. Normally two of us go out and we use the battery and lamp almost all the time.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Rubbish I have both, use the battery and lamp for scanning the ground and the torch for shooting when I'm on my own. Normally two of us go out and we use the battery and lamp almost all the time.

Al
    tend to agree with ranger. i too use both , i tend to scan with the led torch and shoot with a lightforce 170 power by a lithium battery. if it is a battery you are after go for a 14amp/ hr lithium , i think there are some chinese imports which i havent heard any reports about but saying that the deben batteries are from china too.

I use the Deben lithium, it is great, 23 amph, I now have a adaptor to use on the lamp on the truck and also hand held. Will fit in a l pocket, Very very light and last for ages. 200 squids at Chris potters tunbridge wells. Really decent Bit of kit, worth every penny

have a look on ebay, theres sometimes some good buys on there
    atb
    simon

Get two of these:

9.8AH 12v battery pack

then buy a male-male adater and tape the two together giving you, near as damn, 20AH rechargeable Li battery pack for 40.
    This should last for aout 6hrs continuous use. They are based on multiple 18650cells with under/overcharge technology so no chance of them overheating/100%discharging.

Whilst your on the bay get a dual cell T6 focusable led torch (about 6.50) then pop over to pigeowatch and order an Ahorton lens to replace the lens that comes with it. This will give you a torch that can easily be used for foxing out to 200yds and can pick up eyes at double that.

Tony
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

lose the halogen lamp
    get a decent LED lamp and then you can run the cheaper end of the lithium market putting out 1-2amps for 20 rather than 200!!

The link above is the exact battery I have, cost me 20+ not 40 but the power rating is very low. you won't run a halogen/filament bulb off it

I power my Deben Tristar scope mounted one for over 6hrs with it though (current draw on an LED is less than 5% of a 50W bulb)

I also ditched the scanning lamp and went for a NV spotter, saves 90% of your shooting light power

do a LOT of lamping through the year, get a lithium ion, depending on the length of your lamping sessions will depend on what battery you need. you get what you pay for, iv heard people tell me about the torches but they aint as good as a lamp and as I aint always lamping with a rifle ill stick with my trusty lamp and battery.