Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OPEN SEASON Distribution of Blaser

OPEN SEASON Distribution of Blaser

Hi, Have just contacted open season about a problem with an M03 the supplied. It has a non standard thread which they did not a factory one which is not concentric with the barrel. The voice on the phone said it was an issue for Blaser direct as they they were terminated yesterday.
    Not interested in my problem at all and told me to ring Germany and said good by. Tried the factory twice and they dont answer.

Regards

​Steven

If 'they' open season did your thread and not Mauser then surely it is 'their' O.S's problem to fix ?

I agree but I expect it will prove very difficult based on my experience of them, written complaint on its way. this is the second barrel, the first was supposedly new but had been dispatched to open season two years previously according to the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenedwards View Post
    I agree but I expect it will prove very difficult based on my experience of them, written complaint on its way. this is the second barrel, the first was supposedly new but had been dispatched to open season two years previously according to the factory.
    ​It is very common for brand new guns, etc, to have been in stock for two years plus. The item is still brand new though and should be no cause for complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenedwards View Post
    Hi, Have just contacted open season about a problem with an M03 the supplied. It has a non standard thread which they did not a factory one which is not concentric with the barrel. The voice on the phone said it was an issue for Blaser direct as they they were terminated yesterday.
    Not interested in my problem at all and told me to ring Germany and said good by. Tried the factory twice and they dont answer.

Regards

​Steven
    Surely it is an issue with Mauser not Blaser? whilst as far as I am aware they are owned by the same parent company, they are separate entities an last time I looked Blaser did not manufacture an M03? AND... as has already been pointed out, if Open Season did the work then surely they are responsible!?

Did you pay open season direct or via a dealer. If a dealer it's they you should go back to for redress. Good luck with it anyway.

Open season are no longer importer for Mauser or Blaser, the rifle if standard would have been threaded at the factory. I am told that distribution will be taken over by the germans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunman View Post
    ...I am told that distribution will be taken over by the germans.
    Zee Germans are coming und taking over? Gott in Himmel!

1. Who did you actually buy the rifle off?

2. How long ago did you buy the rifle?

3. Who actually threaded the barrel for a moderator and when?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I am lead to believe the new distributor is Blaser uk. Not open season as 1st July