Thread: Lawrence Precision Zodiac Mods

Talking Lawrence Precision Zodiac Mods

After seeing the uproar that the previous LP thread caused on here I was a little dubious about posting this but here goes.I'll start by saying that I am in no way connected to LP other than purchasing mods so please take this as the honest opinion from myself and the feedback from others that have heard the new mod

First off a picture of four current mods available at the moment.This isn't a sound mod comparison test and is only meant to give some idea of the size of the LP
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	477.9 KB 
ID:	29928
    L/R Hardy,Lawrence Eclipse Zodiac,Third Eye & Reflex
    To put it in perspective the LP is the same length as a Third Eye and a slightly smaller diameter than the Reflex

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	414.8 KB 
ID:	29929
    Same order but the LP has a neoprene sleeve

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	462.0 KB 
ID:	29930
    Fitted on a Sako 270 added length 130mm (overall 215mm)

Firstly zeroed on Calton Moor tunnel range (thanks Mike) where I wasn't expecting anything special but we were quite surprised how it was quietened down despite being in a confined space and shooting into a tube.All the boom was eliminated and it was like hearing a dull thud.Obviously not a good example shooting in a tunnel but a good start.The one thing I will say is that this mod cut down on the recoil/muzzle flip considerably which I've always associated with shooting larger capacity cases and it was possible to keep the target in the scope that split second after the shot
    Since then its been tried out in the field and to my ears (and everyone thats heard it so far) the consensus is that its certainly up there with the quietest out there at the moment.Obviously we're all different and to be honest I'm not sure that being the quietest is the be all and end all of choosing a mod but this package certainly suits my needs very well
    As regards the cost I now share this mod between the 270 and 6.5 instead of having two dedicated steel/alu mods
    Last edited by Wsm; 02-07-2013 at 15:46.

still waiting for my hg4 as thay have none in stock or made as yet 17x1 with spig' , september i'v been told ! need an overbarrel t8 type for rpa .243

Quote Originally Posted by Wsm View Post
    After seeing the uproar that the previous LP thread caused on here I was a little dubious about posting this but here goes.I'll start by saying that I am in no way connected to LP other than purchasing mods so please take this as the honest opinion from myself and the feedback from others that have heard the new mod

First off a picture of four current mods available at the moment.This isn't a sound mod comparison test and is only meant to give some idea of the size of the LP

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	477.9 KB 
ID:	29928
    L/R Hardy,Lawrence Eclipse Zodiac,Third Eye & Reflex
    To put it in perspective the LP is the same length as a Third Eye and a slightly smaller diameter than the Reflex

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	414.8 KB 
ID:	29929
    Same order but the LP has a neoprene sleeve

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	462.0 KB 
ID:	29930
    Fitted on a Sako 270 added length 130mm (overall 215mm)

Firstly zeroed on Calton Moor tunnel range (thanks Mike) where I wasn't expecting anything special but we were quite surprised how it was quietened down despite being in a confined space and shooting into a tube.All the boom was eliminated and it was like hearing a dull thud.Obviously not a good example shooting in a tunnel but a good start.The one thing I will say is that this mod cut down on the recoil/muzzle flip considerably which I've always associated with shooting larger capacity cases and it was possible to keep the target in the scope that split second after the shot
    Since then its been tried out in the field and to my ears (and everyone thats heard it so far) the consensus is that its certainly up there with the quietest out there at the moment.Obviously we're all different and to be honest I'm not sure that being the quietest is the be all and end all of choosing a mod but this package certainly suits my needs very well
    As regards the cost I now share this mod between the 270 and 6.5 instead of having two dedicated steel/alu mods
    Interested as to why you need a neoprene sleeve? I assume they must have the 'tinny' ring of the old T8.

You didn't mention the price as a lot of people are only in a position to buy and make do with what they can justifiably spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunting Solutions View Post
    Interested as to why you need a neoprene sleeve? I assume they must have the 'tinny' ring of the old T8.
    Not at all.I put a sleeve on all my mods as it stops the noise if anything strikes it (branches and the like).Truth be told I'd have preferred the mod to be black and just haven't got round to getting it coated as well.The sleeve serves both purposes for the time being

Eddy.Sorry I thought the price was discussed in the other thread.They're 600

Quote Originally Posted by Wsm View Post
    Eddy.Sorry I thought the price was discussed in the other thread.They're 600
    Damn, still out of my price range, I'll have to continue making do with my A-Tec Maxim.
    Sorry, I did see all the other ho ha on the other thread but thought this was a different Mod.

My Nexus arrived at Gregor Macleod's today, and I shall be picking it up tomorrow

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses