Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help !

Help !

Hi guy's. I've got a G.W.P pup stranded in Germany 100 km south of Rostock. My friend ( breeder ) was due to bring her over this week but has made a rather rapid decent from a high seat and is now in hospital with multiple fractures. I won't make it over until November. Anyone got any experience in bringing a dog in from the Fatherland ?. Been on to a few on line pet couriers but not much help. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Definitely easiest to just jump in the car and drive over via Eurotunnel. Other than the fuel the actual costs of the train through are very reasonable. I did it when driving to Brussels last spring to pick a dog up. I left Brussels at about 7am and was back in the Scottish Borders by 6.30pm same day. Not sure about the distances I valves for you but an overnight stop off could be factored in??? Providing all the legalities are adhered to with regards to inoculations, paperwork and the dog being chipped, the drive back with the dog requires a stop of about 10mins at the designated office just prior to boardingthe train in your vehicle to have the chip scanned and pet passport stamped. A friend last year looked into a courier bringing a dog back for him and I am sure he was quoted about a grand!!!

Just looked at your location so you have a fair distance to travel as well. I stopped over night before going on train in Felixstowe and got an early train through. By that reckoning you could doit all easily in 3 days if your destination in Germany is a long ways off... Fair bit of driving though...
    Last edited by jamross65; 03-07-2013 at 12:20.

This is German F1 weekend and there will be loads of Scots over there cheering on Bathgates PDR. I have a mate in Cologne, how far is the pup?

How old is the pup?

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

the pup is almost 5 months, the location is 100 km south of Rostock in a small village called Neu Gaarz. I would jump in the pick-up and go but just started the silage, and the wife would have a sense of humour failure if i went over now and again in november !!!!!!. Its had all inocs ect.

Needs tick and worm treatment 24hrs-5days before travel as well as a vet examine stating fit for travel as well.
    Obviously done for rabies and other nasties....
    How do you propose to get your dog home?
    I'd be in the car and away.Your wife will love the hairy croc....
    At 5 months old,it needs to get to know you now.
    A fine excuse too to be in Germany twice in a short time.
    It's a fair drive from the Nuerburgring.

Discretion assured

or find us on facebook

as said either do it yourself or just hope you hit lucky with someone on here going over. Its simple to get them back as long as all the paperwork is in order, your main issues even doing it yourself is the matter of close on 2400 mile journey plus the tunnel charge so you're going to be looking at a fair wack in diesel alone. The only thing that might be worth investigating is if you can fly it back unaccompanied if they will drop it at an airport their end, Lufthansa and the likes will fly them with you but you need the appropriate crate etc By chance i am out with someone tonight who does some work from gatwick moving dogs about that have been flown in so I'll see what I can find out.

Flying pup back-needs crate made to measure for dog.
    look at petair UK for info about flying pup back.
    Youll be cheaper driving though,I was anyway.....

If you do go ahead with flying-pup will 9/10 go into Gatwick/Heathrow.
    ​Good luck with it.
    Last edited by Wolverine; 03-07-2013 at 14:51.

Discretion assured

or find us on facebook

Lufthansa Hamburg - Edinburgh (livestock cargo) 120-00 + 30-00 crate hire .

Quote Originally Posted by tikka300wsm View Post
    Lufthansa Hamburg - Edinburgh (livestock cargo) 120-00 + 30-00 crate hire .
    Now that's cheap......
    ​I was quoted over 1000

Discretion assured

or find us on facebook