Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.A.S.C. Arran scheme

B.A.S.C. Arran scheme

How many of us have been on the B.A.S.C. stalking scheme?, I tried to get over there at least a couple of times a year in the past ever since the Galloway scheme fell foul of the wind farm, not going this year, I am going to try my hand at lowland species with Ian F. 8)

I was there last week with my mate Ken, it was our second time.
    The weather was lousy, but we saw deer every day, when it cleared on Thursday we had a great day and grassed a six and a ten pointer before breakfast.

We wouldn't hesitate to book again, just avoid the recommended hotel unless you've more money than sense.

Oh!, you found the Auchrannie then?

arran

I 'm thinking back to a stag week a couple or three years back, our pair drew the Loch Garbad beat, so late on the monday we went out on the bit to the right of the base of the Loch, it was getting dark very quickly, I had elected that Tony W****s should lead, he had arrived that day with a brand spanking new Sauer, not even shot in, zeroed on the old area for checking, and with the sixth round out of the barrel he grassed an Imperial, we could not move it from where it lay, it was so heavy, & the gradient was against us so we cut some branches to cover him over from the ravens, the rest of the story will have to stay off here as it involved someone from head office getting lost the following morning! Steve.

Aye we found the Auchrannie alright, I shan't forget it, I never forget a four figure bill!

Sod that for a game of soldiers, we took a cottage in Lamlash this year.

Greg, if you decide to book, let me know & I will pm you some numbers & addresses for top digs at good prices, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270
    Greg, if you decide to book, let me know & I will pm you some numbers & addresses for top digs at good prices, Steve.
    Thanks Steve, will do. Not so sure if I manage to go this season though.

Greg

2009 stag week 1

Hi,

Had a good time but I only saw one stag at 110 metres on Wed, I was on the Brodock beat with Ken.
    The second stag seen on the last day was 500 metres away so no stalk ensued, but I would do the stalking week again as the overall packet was very enjoyable.
    BTW I was the one with the German reg Terracan SUV.

Regards

Sounds like the Hinds might be worth a go after all