Thread: SGC Buys Up Bushnell Stock from Administrator...?

SGC Buys Up Bushnell Stock from Administrator...?

Well, looks like the rumour mill could be right...

Just seen the latest SGC ad in Shooting Times, and they are hosing out Bushnell kit at silly prices.

86% off a bino harness is just rude, and is going to cause chaos at The CLA this year if they do the same with the optics!

I appreciate that it's the way that business works - hell, I work for one of the largest IT vendors, so see it daily - but business is tough enough for the smaller businesses out there and you folks just don't deserve this.

Personally, I shan't be buying anything from them in the future as I support my local gun shop - Emmett & Stone in Marlow - and a number of you guys on here

Good luck all

Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I take your point about buying local, but with savings like that....
    might be very tempted if they are doing discounts like that on the optics!

For those who don't have access to the Shooting Times: Who or what is 'SGC' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    For those who don't have access to the Shooting Times: Who or what is 'SGC' ?
    Sportsman gun centre I think.

Could also be Southern Gun Company.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Will they only be doing these at the fair , or will offers be available online ?Say what you will about local shops but a lot of us find certain shops a rip off and when looking for equipment on a tight budget, then offers like this may be too good to pass up

SD Regular
    As say - rather sad for all concerned.

In the clearance section I was particularly drawn to the -1% saving on the Swarovski Z6 - so more expensive in clearance than in normal terms. Let me ponder that for a while......!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Could also be Southern Gun Company.
    Keep thinking Southern gun company when I see SGC,can't see it being fat Bob though

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Well, looks like the rumour mill could be right...

Just seen the latest SGC ad in Shooting Times, and they are hosing out Bushnell kit at silly prices.

86% off a bino harness is just rude, and is going to cause chaos at The CLA this year if they do the same with the optics!

I appreciate that it's the way that business works - hell, I work for one of the largest IT vendors, so see it daily - but business is tough enough for the smaller businesses out there and you folks just don't deserve this.

Personally, I shan't be buying anything from them in the future as I support my local gun shop - Emmett & Stone in Marlow - and a number of you guys on here

Good luck all

Cheers
    iain
    Theres few folk that wouldn't take advantage of an 86% saving on any kit they needed.

Look at all the links we use on here with threads, the average shop doesn't stand a chance with rates, insurance etc while some young techno wizard puts items up for sale gets his Wonga guaranteed by paypal then swiftly orders it himself and posts it having made a nice mark up with no outlay..

Everybody is struggling out there at the mo and as a result theres few that would put loyalty before an 86% saving.

Good on you for your view mind
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

there are a few good reasons not to buy, warranty repairs are one and the other is dealing with SGC if you order online, best advice is don't bother. Unless their setup has changed it is ridiculous for the size of it, the ordering system goes manual and onto paper the references you are given mean nothing to them and if the goods aren't in stock you just sit waiting till you call them. Then you hear the rustling of paperwork as they try and work out which order and what you ordered and whether they have sent it or its in the pile waiting to be sent, contrast them with anyone good like John Norris and the difference is staggering.