Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expanding tips

Expanding tips

Hi all , bit of a query making various stuff out of old fired cases , have made some keyring wellie pulls out of .223 , brought some bullet heads etc that are expanding tips , but have just been told I can't sell keyrings due too tip !!!! Is that right, thanks Steve

Do you have authority on your firearms certificate to purchase expanding bullets (what you are calling tips)?
    If not who sold them to you because they will have broken the law and you will be breaking the law by holding them if you do not have the necessary authority.

There is actually mention of expanding bullets used for similar such purposes in the guidance to police document which can be downloaded off the internet and also in the legal matters section of the forum. Read it for yourself and form your own opinion on the matter so that you can't attach blame to anyone else if you get it wrong.

My own personal opinion is that a fmj bullet would be far better suited to the task in hand and would be cheaper for you to buy.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Expanding heads are classified like fully loaded ammo. It's nuts, even my local FAO agrees, but then it's the sort of nonsense you get from knee-jerk legislation. Change them for FMJ tips and you should be OK. Ron

Just checked they are hornady A-max features AMP Jackets !!! Expanding or not ???

Quote Originally Posted by Secondshots View Post
    Just checked they are hornady A-max features AMP Jackets !!! Expanding or not ???
    A-Max! Expanding or not?

Not
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    A-Max! Expanding or not?
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Here we go....
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

That good news thank you , wont have to scrap the 100 I've done !!! Funny thing is dont know why I listened to this chap , he already once told me the barrels of a shotgun I took to him where pitted and no good , but would give me £150 for it !!!!! When checked out by a real gunsmith was told they was mint !!! Just because they are behind the counter you seem to think they know about things , won't be going there again !!!!

and weeeee offfff !!!!

and in first place is no there not, closely followed by ? and in last place is who gives a ****
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    A-Max! Expanding or not?