Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Cats anyone?

Big Cats anyone?

Just wondering has anyone anywhere seen any big cats (not obese kittens...) because a few people round mine say they've seen them so was just wondering if anyone else has.

Watched one for forty minutes with the 170 two years ago then it was seen crossing a park two days later. Red eyes, black body and a sheep killer.

Often get reports but no sees any poo or tracks so until i see any im keeping quiet and im out and about an awful lot lol
    Save Water Drink Single Malt

All these sightings over the years and apart from the odd escapee that is documented, no physical evidence in the way of remains. If the sightings down the years are to be believed, there must be a sustainable number to procreate and there would be remains of dead big cats to be found. So I remain a sceptic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    All these sightings over the years and apart from the odd escapee that is documented, no physical evidence in the way of remains. If the sightings down the years are to be believed, there must be a sustainable number to procreate and there would be remains of dead big cats to be found. So I remain a sceptic.
    But if you found / shot one , would you actually tell anyone ?

1. The police being the arses they are, would probally revoke your FAC as its not conditioned for big cat hunting

2. Every **** with a camera, spud gun or dog would be crawling over your land for years to come.

Either way it would probally ruin your stalking and the land owner's I know wouldn't be too keen having a load of numpties about either

While out with my old dog I've come across a weird big cat. It was like a scaled up domestic cat, black with a fluffy tail but taller at the shoulder than my spaniel and muscular like a big cat. Certainly not a puma or cougar but as big as a lab.
    if I'd had a shotgun, birdshot would have just pricked it, would take ssg or a proper firearm to drop it.

I've seen young boar, cat, Cwd and munties within 20 minute walk but according to 'experts' we don't have any here. The munties are garden tame lol.

If you get the oppertunity take it, the world will be a little bit better with one less fecking cat

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    If you get the oppertunity take it, the world will be a little bit better with one less fecking cat

+1

I've spent several days searching for a "wild dog" only to find a bedraggled and lost spaniel.

K

Around 25 yrs ago while in Scotland out stalking with a friend, we saw a proper wildcat. Stumpy tail, & stripes. Watched it for a while, maybe 20mins until it disappeared from view. Didn't shoot it & don't regret not shooting it.

​Domestic cats......I'd have a different view altogether - if it were legal! ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!