Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATV traning in midlands?

ATV traning in midlands?

I need to get my ATV ticket for FC syndicate. Has anyone used a midlands based company? What sort of cost are we talking about? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Others in here will know more, but I believe an NPTC certificate is now required.

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    Others in here will know more, but I believe an NPTC certificate is now required.
    I believe this is indeed the case, was chatting toa head ranger a few days ago and he said NPTC is now the required quad ticket

Yes. You are correct NPTC is the required qualification. NPTC are based in Coventry so I can call them tomorrow, just wondered if any one on here had any contacts or experience with one?

pershore college used to the atv course, not sure if they still do, try these to, http://www.warwickshiretraining.co.uk/
    hopre this helps
    simon

Anyone know of anywhere doing them on a weekend as like to keep my work hols for other things.
    Regards
    Jimmy

Warwickshire Training is doing a Quad Bike course on Monday the 16th. Sept. 2013 in Market Harborough.
    The cost is 150 per person plus 25 Lantra registration and assessment.
    I enquired if the LANTRA qualification is the equivalent to NPTC: Yes, the course is, but to get NPTC Certification you have to come back another day, and pay 100 for NPTC registration and assessment, and an extra cost for hire of the venue and equipment...! How much the 'extra cost' is is not volunteered by Warwickshire Training.
    So...it seems wise to find an alternative training centre where the course directly results in NPTC, as it wouldn't surprise me if the FC is so inflexible that the LANTRA qualification is deemed invalid.
    Why is nothing ever easy

Have a word with Keith Sikadog dog he has done his not sure
    ​where he did it though

Guys. I found a decent provider in Northamptonshire and will be doing the course on Monday. Managed to get a couple other guys off here on the course to bring the cost down. If anyone interested get in touch and I'll point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    Warwickshire Training is doing a Quad Bike course on Monday the 16th. Sept. 2013 in Market Harborough.
    The cost is 150 per person plus 25 Lantra registration and assessment.
    I enquired if the LANTRA qualification is the equivalent to NPTC: Yes, the course is, but to get NPTC Certification you have to come back another day, and pay 100 for NPTC registration and assessment, and an extra cost for hire of the venue and equipment...! How much the 'extra cost' is is not volunteered by Warwickshire Training.
    So...it seems wise to find an alternative training centre where the course directly results in NPTC, as it wouldn't surprise me if the FC is so inflexible that the LANTRA qualification is deemed invalid.
    Why is nothing ever easy
    Stick with NPTC, the lantra tickets normally only voild for i think either 3 or 5 years,