Tweed suit Tailor's around n/w yorkshire.

Yorkshire lad

Looking to get a new tweed suit made for this season and was wondering if anyone has any recommendation for someone around the north / West Yorkshire , Lancashire area. Many thanks.

What size are you? I have a four piece tweed suit for sale. In as new condition. Made by Bertie Wooster's of Fulham Road, London. It's an olive green check pattern and is a 38-40" chest size. Had it made in the days when I was a racing snake :rolleyes:.

Hi Yorkshire Lad.

Try Hebden Cord at Hebden Bridge, that's in your neck of the woods. I bought a bolt of tweed from Hunters of Brora when making a short film about them for Grampian TV and got them to make me a suit for stalking. That was nearly 20 years ago and its still going strong although I have had the the plus fours patched and the waists let out slightly and about six sets of new buttons. If a little tatty at the edges it is serving me well.

Donsider

Brian Holden at Knottingley West Yorkshire made mine. The quality is superb and he can make anything you want. I had some plus fours and a waistcoat made for about £200. He has hundreds of tweeds to choose from. 1995rs

I think Hebden Cord stopped trading several years ago.

Best plan is to find a shooting estate and ask who makes their keepers suits. Isaak Walton is one that springs to mind but I think they're further north than Lancs.

Isaac walton makes ours there based in newcastle but will send ray there traveling tailor to measure you .brillant suits

fraser

Carters Countrywear in Helmsley make ours, Jeremy Shaw comes out and does the measurements and fittings.

Good lad and good suits!

If Harrogate isn't too far for you Rhodes Wood make some really nice shooting suits.

If your paying yourself and don't mind off the peg then bob parrott cheap and pretty good quality with a small range of colours does me and looks smart .
​norma

English tweeds are rubbish... Try P J Haggart or Hunters of Brora... Bob Parrat is see-through stitched with crap threads.

Your back on great form rd some of us can't afford expensive clothes for our shoot days as long as I look smart I'm happy warm and dry that's me !
Norma
​ive had two bob parrott suits no problems at all and I'm getting another at the cla .

English tweeds are rubbish... Try P J Haggart or Hunters of Brora... Bob Parrat is see-through stitched with crap threads.

Talking rubbish as usual Red Dot. Just because a tailor is in England doesnt mean they don't use Scottish tweeds. FACT!!!!!

We used a tailor in Bakewell (can't remember his name-just over the bridge where all the ducks are) and the estate tweed (which was Scottish).
Doesn't matter where the tweed is made,if it's thin it's going to be crap

Can you imagine the reaction if an Englishman made such derogatory comments about the Scots?? I thought we were all supposed to be of the same mind on here. Quite tiresome really!!!

Back