Thread: Moderator for .204

Moderator for .204

As the title suggests really, I have had a few pointers already from 250 owners as which way to go. But my questions are.

• What's the best bet if my priority is for weight and size and not so much for noise reduction.
    • Is going for a .22 mod a sensible option for it to then fit on possible future rifles.

I've used the gun for almost 12 months with no mod but shooting around livestock and houses has made me change my mind.

I use a DM80 on my 20 Tac and I really rate them, they are calibre specific and I have found then to be as quiet as anything on the market with out being silly heavy either.

Not the dearest mod either.

Thanks Anthony I have heard good reports on them previously also. I have never heard any who has one of the Swift sound moderators from Bromsgrove would be interesting to here from people who have used them.

There is a quicksilver titanium mod for sale on ukvarminting for a .20 cal. Ver light weight so possibly what you are looking for.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Or the Hardy Gen4 that Edgar Bros are selling for the 17Hornet

I made some enquiries before buying and they were tested using a 20 cal.Mine works well on a 20BR so should be as good if not better on a 204

What about a Atec.

I've got a Swift Precision on the 17HM2 barrel on my Finnfire - that's very quiet but it's the rimfire version... can't tell you about his CF version but it will be well-made.

But.... I've got a onelesscharlie stainless non-strippable on my Sako A1 20Practical - shorter by 18mm at 163mm and about 2mm thinner in diameter and a lighter by 100g at 500g than my second choice of a Jet Z Compact at 600g - both with neoprene sleeves n a bit of tape. I've got Jet Z's on my .243 and on my 300WM.

Have to say I'm really impressed by the OLC....both in quality of build and sound reduction - made in Britain too, quick to arrive, Colin is good to deal with.... as is Richard at Swift.

Home - ONELESSCHARLIE Custom sound moderators

or here... SP Filling Systems Ltd Sound moderators

's me

atb
    Fizz
    Last edited by fizzbangwhallop; 04-07-2013 at 17:45.

I have a SPARTAN from thirdeyetactical I got mine cal specific for .20 cal its light not to long and does tame the little beast quite a bit.
    ​I have no connection with the company but they provide an A1 product and service .

Quote Originally Posted by griffshrek View Post
    I have a SPARTAN from thirdeyetactical I got mine cal specific for .20 cal its light not to long and does tame the little beast quite a bit.
    ​I have no connection with the company but they provide an A1 product and service .
    Looks interesting, does anyone know the dims as their web info seems a bit lacking?

Quote Originally Posted by griffshrek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Munty_Hunter View Post
    Looks interesting, does anyone know the dims as their web info seems a bit lacking?
    I have one on my howa 204r size is as length 9" or 225mm of which 97mm just short 4" sits over the barrel. diameter 1.5" or 40 mm lovely bit of kit