Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What scope do you have on a .22WMR fella's?

What scope do you have on a .22WMR fella's?

I have tried a Meopta 7x50 on my .22WMR and although it groups ok at 100yds it isn't quite tight enough for confident head shooting of bunnies out to this distance.

I'm thinking I need a higher fixed or variable mag scope but not sure what to get. I have a Nikko Gameking 4-16 x 50 to try off my Rapid but optically it's not on a par with the Meopta's.

Anyone use the WMR and if so what glass do you use?

I had budgeted 200 to get another Meopta for it so what variable or higher mag fixed scope, with fairly fine crosshairs, are out there suitable for this amount of cash?

Cheers

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Whats your rifle ? I have a CZ611 and was also wondering what scope to put on it in that price range.

Hey Stratts,

I no its not on a 22 wmr but i have a burris fullfield2 4.5-14x42 on my 22lr and its an awsome little scope for the money, they retailed at around 400ish new but you can pick them up mint second hand for around 200-250. Its really clear and bright glass and i think there really underated (and im a bit of a scope tart) it has the ballistic plex reticule which is handy. IMO its probably overkill for a 22lr as on full mag it will only focus down to about 40 yards with the ao so may be better for a cf or could do the trick on a 22wmr

Cheers BB

CZ425 fella

Go with the Meopta.
    I use a Meostar R1 4-12x56 on my HMR and it's perfect for bunny headshots at well over 100m.

Triffid

Out of my price range mate unless I find a 2nd hand one for 200 quid! Would be nice though!!

the r1's are definatly cracking scopes but i think they retail at about 650 for the none illuminated so could struggle getting one secondhand for the op's 200 budget

I had a meopta meopro 4-12x50, i think meopta advertise this as there budget range, there about 350 new so you could maybe get one secondhand for around you budget and it was pretty good but did seem to suffer badly compared to the burris in low light thats why i sold the meopro and kept the fullfield for the rimmy

I have a 50 Walther 3-9 on mine!! stays at 7x
    standard duplex ret

I have a 80 Nikko Stirling 8x50 on my .222, head shoot bunnies all day long

I would say your issue is reticule style not magnification......but I will give you 90 for the Meopta and take it off you hands!

Ha ha i bet you would mate!!

​Will see what occurs tmoro with the nikko

Sorry, I assumed you'd be selling the 7x50 and topping up by 200. I agrees a Meostar for 200 is a little optimistic!
    One just up on ebay today though . . .
    ​Triffid