"PIG RIG"

WAYNE DAVIES

Distinguished Member
Hi All
Probably should have put this in a different section.
For anybody interested here's a pic of my new "Pig Rig" a moderated Blaser in .375 H&H.

I shot in off the bench last night using a 250 grn Swift "A" frame and never lost the sight picture. It shot a 1.1/4" group on a very windy night using an old load from a previous .375 checked for length. So I expect much better from it.

It will be sat up a high seat tonight after its first boar :D so fingers crossed.

If I cant shoot them with it I can always beat 'em over the head with the moderator :lol:

DSC00801.jpg

Atb Wayne

Very nice set up there mate. Good luck christening it tonight.

That kind of looks like the back of my truck (well it would do if you chuck in a few sweet wrappers and some toys :lol:)

A few shots from that and you should be able to sit round that mod and keep warm........... well toasty !! Looks like flue pipe from my wood stove!

Good luck for tonight, hope all goes well.

ATB

Tom

I see you have had a rifle fitted to your new moderator :eek:

Will you be in your new penthouse high seat this evening Sir :D :D

Hope it all go's well

John

Good God!! I'm undecided as to whether:

a. a flag comes out of the end with the word "BANG" on it,
b. I should ask where you clip on the bayonet to make it into a pig-sticker, or,
c. guess when you'll have to buy a new truck big enough to carry the thing

:D

All the best for this evening - can't wait to hear how it performs 'in anger'.

willie_gunn

BOAR BLASTING BLASER

Nice outfit wayne i dont foresee to many runners with that but i am not sure the colours right for you i think i should take it off your hands and you can find yourself something else

I have now worked it out!! Once you have finished shooting you unscrew the mod and use it as firemans pole to get down from your boar tower!!

Hope you christened your new rifle last night.

ATB

Tom

Cheers Lads for your comments, I think ;) :lol:

Well after the big build up we saw bugger all :lol: :lol:

We had high hopes for a new bit last night as they have been belting the feeder around, rubbing and tusk scoring on the trees with the beech tar on it.

Our day will come soon :eek: :evil: :lol: :lol:

Back to the rifle it looks huge but is quite manageable.
The Blaser action is short anyway and the mod only extends the barrel by four inches so it's still shorter than most rifles fitted with a T8.

I'll keep you informed about its progress.

Cheers Wayne

`KIN HELL YOU CAN GET PLASTIC MODERATORS NOW?????????????? :D
Must be plastic to match the rest of it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now Wayne, you gonna tell all these nice blokes the truth why you got a little stumpy plastic lightweight rifle (I use that word very loosley regarding Blasers) is it something to do with being vertically challenged?
ohh sorry your a gentleman hunter nowadays, sit on yer arse and wait for them to come to you, :lol: :lol:

John DM said

`KIN HELL YOU CAN GET PLASTIC MODERATORS NOW??????????????
Must be plastic to match the rest of it
Now Wayne, you gonna tell all these nice blokes the truth why you got a little stumpy plastic lightweight rifle (I use that word very loosley regarding Blasers) is it something to do with being vertically challenged?
ohh sorry your a gentleman hunter nowadays, sit on yer arse and wait for them to come to you,

Cheeky b******d
I'm only vertically challenged when I'm stood by you :eek:

You know me John I always sat on my arse and waited for them to come to me. If I chased 'em I was always too knackered to do owt about it when I caught 'em ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back