Thread: Ants

Ants

If there's any pest controllers on here want to offer some advice. Got a lawn that was real over grown. It hadn't been cut for eight weeks and after cutting yesterday it has 20+ ant hills. What's the best way of getting rid of them? Must be safe to chickens.

Aren't the chickens scratching the hell out of them?

Open them up the birds will sort them out then.Wf1

red or black ants?

you dont want red ants in your pants

open with spade pour in boiling water. carbaryl or antkiller will work but is not wildlife chicken friendly

theyll fly next week ( hot days ahead) and the woodpeckers and swallows will love em

Leave them alone and you might get Green Woodpeckers feeding their young on them, as I do?

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    Leave them alone and you might get Green Woodpeckers feeding their young on them, as I do?
    Yep, If'n they ain't in the house leave for the birds, you will get some entertainment value out of it too!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

chickens are on the case now and the birds have come helping. Goin to sit of for a fox as well as he killed the last of the chickens before.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Yep, If'n they ain't in the house leave for the birds, you will get some entertainment value out of it too!
    Have some in the Conservatory cavity walls too, they don't eat much so generally leave them be, expecting a swarm very soon due to the good weather.

advion or nippon in a pinpoint bait station