Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holding FAC 's is turning people into cowards!

Holding FAC 's is turning people into cowards!

I'm not having a go but looking at things from a wide angle all you seem to hear is " don't get involved, walk away, leave it to someone else," it seem fear of losing you FAC is making people give up and not defend or stand up for their rights within the law, as it could be turned on them, are we so afraid now that we will no longer stand up ourselves & what we know to be right?
    Last edited by CWMMAN3738; 05-07-2013 at 15:04.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

do keep up we've been in this awkward position of having to be 'cleaner' than even the Police for quite some time now

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    I'm not having a go but looking at things from a wide angle all you seem to hear is " don't get involved, walk away, leave Tito someone else," it seem fear of losing you FAC is making people give up and not defend or stand up for their rights within the law, as it could be turned on them, are we so afraid now that we will no longer stand up ourselves & what we know to be right?
    It would appear so..... I was a bit of a Jack Russell at school and for some years after, never afraid to "get stuck in" even with blokes twice my size.
    Having since got married and had children I now consider the consequences a lot more carefully. Even more so since getting FAC. I don't consider myself to be a coward but I do think twice before reacting these days.
    Maybe I've just mellowed eh?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I agree I have mellowed to, but I didn't exactly mean just physically I also meant in other ways I once challenged someone knowing I was right & although subsequently I was found to be it still caused great disruption to my life, would I ever do it again is something I've thought & agonised over greatly, standing up for ones rights or pursuing complaints holds unfair dangers for FAC holders, and the assumption of innocent untill proven guilty is more eroded now than ever espically for those of us with FAC's
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    It would appear so..... I was a bit of a Jack Russell at school and for some years after, never afraid to "get stuck in" even with blokes twice my size.
    Having since got married and had children I now consider the consequences a lot more carefully. Even more so since getting FAC. I don't consider myself to be a coward but I do think twice before reacting these days.
    Maybe I've just mellowed eh?
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Who's Tito and what's he done to you now ?

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Who's Tito and what's he done to you now ?
    ​Former Yugoslav dictator?

Michael Jacksons Brother?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Not strictly an answer to the question but I do think the reality of our ‘situation’ could be far better deployed in defence of our interest at certain times.

For instance wouldn’t any would-be Government bite an arm off for a single “policy” capable of ensuring Country-wide citizen compliance with the laws of this land as we assert is our millstone?

K

Think the platitude of 'cowards' is a generalisation too far.

Every citizen has to abide by the law, problem is very (very) few understand it properly and get themselves royally shafted when they intervene. (Look how many get FAC owners get the firearms law wrong)
    Often with 'best intentions' people can end up in very serious trouble resulting in a criminal record. If you hold an FAC, or SGC for that matter, being wise to the law seems prudent not cowardly.
    As for being prejudiced for 'speaking out' that is something different entirely and simply is 'not on'; unless of course if that speaking out implies threatening behaviour or direct physical threats, in which case 'tally ho' FAC - and rightly so.

I've fought for freedom, and it is hard earned. My FAC is important to me, and the Police can do the fighting for me as it is not my job. As for free speach, there are often better things to do than bother getting into arguments these days; we have a Nescafe culture where everyone is an instant expert but few bother to discover the true facts and become wise in any form. It is often so predictably dull that I'd rather be hunting.
    Last edited by RickoShay; 05-07-2013 at 15:36.
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942