Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunblane

Dunblane

Recently there was reference in a thread to the Dunblane school shootings and the book "Dunblane Unburied" by Sandra Uttley which I looked up on Amazon UK and the reports / views on the books content are extremely disconcerting.

Not wishing to copy & paste a whole block of the material can I suggest those interested check out

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...owViewpoints=1

the comments by both "Sam" and Mr Richard V Malbon ("the current Director of the Sportsman's Association of Great Britain & Northern Ireland") are, in my opinion, well worth a read.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

I read this book few yrs ago well worth a read and a real eye opener...if im correct the author Sandra Uttley was a pupil from same school ?
    Makes you wonder just what the gov are hiding when they put a 100yr block on the release of any reports / info relating to this sad case.

I also have some original articles written in the shooting press so might be abit bias will find them and scan them does make interesting reading thats if you can believe anything you read?
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Is it not 50 years in Scotland thats what was quoted originally.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Yes I read it after that post and what painful reading on ALL levels it makes. Having had a daughter since ‘Dunblane’ I found getting through the clinical account of the moments leading up to and after Hamilton’s evil truly difficult.

The only thing I am sure about having read it in full and notwithstanding the twists & turns that suggest Hamilton should never have been in a position to carryout these murders with licensed firearms, is it won’t aid the call for a repeal of the ban on licensed handguns.

K

I expect that many if not most SD members are parents and the circumstances of Dunblane are absolutely horrific. How someone of such evil as Thomas Hamilton ever came to lawfully possess firearms is something that only the police can answer. By no stretch of the imagination can he have been described as " fit to be entrusted" as required by the Firearms Act,. atb Tim

I agree but will the police ever admit that it was their fault this happened? NO not on your life they turned it to their advantage and got handguns banned.
    When you look at things like this, hillsborough, miners strike, findings about the boy shot in the bk of car now deemed wrong by inquiry makes you wonder how corrupt as an institution the police force is yet they seem to continually escape accountability for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I expect that many if not most SD members are parents and the circumstances of Dunblane are absolutely horrific. How someone of such evil as Thomas Hamilton ever came to lawfully possess firearms is something that only the police can answer. By no stretch of the imagination can he have been described as " fit to be entrusted" as required by the Firearms Act,. atb Tim
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Quote Originally Posted by CWMMAN3738 View Post
    I agree but will the police ever admit that it was their fault this happened? NO not on your life they turned it to their advantage and got handguns banned.
    When you look at things like this, hillsborough, miners strike, findings about the boy shot in the bk of car now deemed wrong by inquiry makes you wonder how corrupt as an institution the police force is yet they seem to continually escape accountability for anything.
    thats a sweeping statement that i find offensive. we are not all corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    thats a sweeping statement that i find offensive. we are not all corrupt.
    Trouble is, with things of the magnitude mentioned previously, you will get tarred,...... alongside corruption there are inepts, and couldn't care lesses, So I feel for you mate!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Unfortunately, we keep hearing about police officers escaping without punishment. Until the honest stand up and force the issue and give evidence it will get worse and as trust breaks down further the rule of law is at risk. I am afraid the solution is in the hands of the police. Stand up or you are part of the problem.

David.