Thread: Durham, Cleveland and Northumbria Police - AOLQ condition

Durham, Cleveland and Northumbria Police - AOLQ condition

Just a quick note of advice that I applied for a variation for a couple off and on (changing rifles) and AOLQ. Very quick and helpful turnaround from the new lady in Durham (many thanks to her for her excellent service and nice attitude).
    The AOLQ variation was declined until the three forces who work closely together have had a meeting in August to discuss how to implement AOLQ in their areas.
    I was asked to resubmit my FAC for the AOLQ variation after that meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Just a quick note of advice that I applied for a variation for a couple off and on (changing rifles) and AOLQ. Very quick and helpful turnaround from the new lady in Durham (many thanks to her for her excellent service and nice attitude).
    The AOLQ variation was declined until the three forces who work closely together have had a meeting in August to discuss how to implement AOLQ in their areas.
    I was asked to resubmit my FAC for the AOLQ variation after that meeting.
    Hi Rog. Seen a new customer license this week from Northumbria and he had aolq on it and never asked for it so suspect you are right and it is in place.

Established Poster
    AOLQ now on licenses in Staffordshire so I think a few regions must be doing itit

South Wales Police are also issuing AOLQ. I put in for 1 for 1 variation last year and asked for it at the same time. 3 days later new ticket arrived with AOLQ on all calibres, so one happy bunny. Over the last 24 years they have always been helpful

Quote Originally Posted by accurate View Post
    Hi Rog. Seen a new customer license this week from Northumbria and he had aolq on it and never asked for it so suspect you are right and it is in place.
    As an addition, the Northumbria office confirmed that aolq is a standard addition now in an attempt to remove inconsistencies and becoming more widespread which ties in with other posters are writing.

Durham are insisting on waiting until their meeting in August (which includes the Yorkshire constabularies) - they don't seem to be friends with Northumbria at the moment - living in fear of a takeover perhaps?!

Just got my renewal from Northumbria this week with aolq on it too.

Could it be they just don't want to give you the addition based on your past record. Dodgy by name Dodgy in everything else.

South Yorkshire are one of the forces doing the August meeting - they just refused me aolq on a variation I have in at the moment