6mm PPC Deer-Legal Loads

What's yours?

K

you will struggle

Ive got plenty of Superglue?

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Ive got plenty of Superglue?
    you will need it

About 20 years ago I droped a roe doe on the spot with a headshot between the eyes, you could see the where the 22 pellet compressed the hair, think I sparked it clean out, put a few in the back of its head to make sure, this was years before I had fireams, most wouldnt believe this story but I had a witness so kiss my arse in advance, think you 6mm will do the job, alot of the shooters who have shorter barrels wouldnt be deer legal
    Last edited by swarovski; 05-07-2013 at 17:21.

I didnt think of that at the time, what I did think though is it would orobaly shake its head and run off, I was watching it for a minute or so frew the scooe, was around a 25 to 30 yard shot, I think if it went into the eye it would of made the brain and killed it anyway, who knows, atb swaro

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    About 20 years ago I droped a roe doe on the spot with a headshot between the eyes, you could see the where the 22 pellet compressed the hair, think I sparked it clean out, put a few in the back of its head to make sure, this was years before I had fireams, most wouldnt believe this story but I had a witness so kiss my arse in advance, think you 6mm will do the job, alot of the shooters who have shorter barrels wouldnt be deer legal

Wind up?
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Probaly best the users think that , no wind up, just aswell I may get into trouble with csl and others, atb swaro
    Last edited by swarovski; 06-07-2013 at 12:48.

Your area may be different but I know Surrey won't grant 6PPC for anything but "Small Deer"

They will with 6mmBR

This is all based on their copy of Cartridges of the World and the data within.

They may be swayed if you can get a load deer legal and then submit it for approval to CIP, but good luck with that!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I did a 6mm PPC back when Ruger used to chamber the 77MK-II VT for that and the 22 PPC .

I never tried it on groundhogs much less deer .

I do know it was a bit boring to shoot after having it a couple weeks . Seemed everything I shot in it if I were doing my part was capable of 1/4 MOA for 5 shots . The one I had really liked Berger 62 grain Match and later it really really liked Berger 68 grain Match . Never did get a group under a tenth but I got plenty under 2/10ths !