6mm PPC Deer-Legal Loads

About 20 years ago I droped a roe doe on the spot with a headshot between the eyes, you could see the where the 22 pellet compressed the hair, think I sparked it clean out, put a few in the back of its head to make sure, this was years before I had fireams, most wouldnt believe this story but I had a witness so kiss my arse in advance:D, think you 6mm will do the job, alot of the shooters who have shorter barrels wouldnt be deer legal

Last edited:
I didnt think of that at the time, what I did think though is it would orobaly shake its head and run off, I was watching it for a minute or so frew the scooe, was around a 25 to 30 yard shot, I think if it went into the eye it would of made the brain and killed it anyway, who knows, atb swaro

About 20 years ago I droped a roe doe on the spot with a headshot between the eyes, you could see the where the 22 pellet compressed the hair, think I sparked it clean out, put a few in the back of its head to make sure, this was years before I had fireams, most wouldnt believe this story but I had a witness so kiss my arse in advance:D, think you 6mm will do the job, alot of the shooters who have shorter barrels wouldnt be deer legal

Wind up?

Probaly best the users think that , no wind up, just aswell I may get into trouble with csl and others, atb swaro

Last edited:
Your area may be different but I know Surrey won't grant 6PPC for anything but "Small Deer"

They will with 6mmBR

This is all based on their copy of Cartridges of the World and the data within.

They may be swayed if you can get a load deer legal and then submit it for approval to CIP, but good luck with that! :rolleyes:

I did a 6mm PPC back when Ruger used to chamber the 77MK-II VT for that and the 22 PPC .

I never tried it on groundhogs much less deer .

I do know it was a bit boring to shoot after having it a couple weeks . Seemed everything I shot in it if I were doing my part was capable of 1/4 MOA for 5 shots . The one I had really liked Berger 62 grain Match and later it really really liked Berger 68 grain Match . Never did get a group under a tenth but I got plenty under 2/10ths !

The one I had really liked Berger 62 grain Match and later it really really liked Berger 68 grain Match . Never did get a group under a tenth but I got plenty under 2/10ths !
Thanks.

Took a wee while for the variation to come through but here we are so I’ll now try and find some of those 68g Bergers. Hopefully at 2013 prices.

Best

K

Thanks.

Took a wee while for the variation to come through but here we are so I’ll now try and find some of those 68g Bergers. Hopefully at 2013 prices.

Best

K

Thought it was an SD faux pas to use match bullets on deer, or as it seems soon to be any lead bullet at all?

Good thing .224 FMJ's are still cheap... :stir:

Thanks.

Best

K
85gn sierra HPBT up to 105gn amax

Plenty of loads but around 29.5gn of n140 through a drop tube should get you there

Depends on twist, which was put to bed a while ago - is nothing to do with cartridge....

Anything larger than roe deer, I live in Scotland.

Is English law minimum 1700 ft/lbs and .240 cal? Is there a minimum weight on the bullet?

Last edited:
Back