Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloody wasps

Bloody wasps

Just been out on the garden and the little lad next door was throwing a ball for the cocker as per usual when we're both out at the same time.
    Anyhoo,the dog lets out a hell of a yelp and comes back to me carrying her rear right leg.So I had a good look at her paw and leg but couldn't see a thing.
    However,10 minutes later back in the house and she's looking like a bloody bulldog!Given her some anti-histamine and her face is now going down.
    On closer inspection I've found the culprits and they will be suffering the consequences of their actions later on tonight

petrol bomb the buggers in there beds hope she gets well

Hope she's okay now.

As for the wasps, I like to soak the ground around the nest with petrol, drop some burning paper on it and then just keep an eye out.

It makes a mess of the lawn though!

Cheers lads

​In the old days I would have Cymaged them but petrol sounds like a good option

or buy some wasp nest destroyer its much safer , as is a can of expanding foam when it gets dark and their all home

Just been looking.Reckon B&Q will be getting a visit tomorrow

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    What you want is a carbamate based insecticide.
    Look at the packaging. it has to by law list the active ingredient. What your looking for is
    Contains 0.05%ww *********
    the ******** has to contain the word CARB. It can be CARBamate, bendioCARB, CARBaryl etc. Look at ant powders too as they are closely related to wasps and the same stuff kills them too
    Fill some kind of bottle that will allow you to produce a jet of powder. You may have to fill it right to the top. Then wait until it is dark. Wasps don't fly in the dark so don't use a torch or they'll just fly straight up the beam and get to you.
    I've used a teaspoon of the stuff before, and put in the right place it will easily kill a wasp nest
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Wasps are good for the garden as they eat caterpillars and other grubs.
    They tend not to sting unless disturbed or threatened.
    If their nest is disturbed then they will sting to defend it.
    Isn't it odd that man feels threatened by an insect less than an inch long and then has to destroy them.

i wouldnt use bendiocarb on a nest in a hole in the floor of a garden with a pup in it , it also kills cats for fun , amorphous silica (silicon dioxide) is naturaly occuring and not poisonous .

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Wasps are good for the garden as they eat caterpillars and other grubs.
    They tend not to sting unless disturbed or threatened.
    If their nest is disturbed then they will sting to defend it.
    Isn't it odd that man feels threatened by an insect less than an inch long and then has to destroy them.
    never seen wasps kill a dog then ?