Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tikka lite 6.5 barrel

tikka lite 6.5 barrel

Im thinking about getting a tikka rebarreled into 6.5x55. Anyone have an idea on what this would cost please. i have everything needed apart from the barrel and a smith to fit it. Stainless barrel as the action is stainless.

thanks guys

​Phil.

your looking at 650 + depending on smith and what you have done. ie.. bead or vapour blast. invisible thread cap. etc etc. ring round some. and dont forget know what twist you need for the bullets you want to shoot etc

Give Neil Mckillop a call bit of a drive but well worth it considering the overall investment you are undertaking.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

650+! Your having a laugh.lol. Guess i'll be scrapping the rifle then.

thanks for your help.
    ​Phil.

What is the rifle that you are intending to rebarrell and is it already in 6.5mm ?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Hi. Yes its on a 6.5. And needs rebarreling to 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    your looking at 650 + depending on smith and what you have done. ie.. bead or vapour blast. invisible thread cap. etc etc. ring round some. and dont forget know what twist you need for the bullets you want to shoot etc
    and then some. Budget for at least two trips to the smith. It's an expensive caper getting a new barrel. There are some cowboys about and as in most fields, you get what you pay for. A well fitted barrel does in my limited experience pay dividends. To date I've had work done by Border Barrels, Russell Gall and Grant Taylor. Each rifle has shot better than I can. I've also bought a second hand rifle in 243 AI by Russell Gall and again it shoots very well. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    650+! Your having a laugh.lol. Guess i'll be scrapping the rifle then.

thanks for your help.
    ​Phil.
    What's wrong with the barrel you've got?
    Take some doing to shoot out a swede T3.

As JC said, pick a smith, not a plumber.

we took a cast of the chamber as it wouldn't group. there was no rifling in the first 10mm where there should be. i have misplaced the casting or i would have put a photo up.

the knackered barrel was dont by me, i bought in good faith an then i couldn't sort or the rifle for 6 months. now im trying to i wish i had done it earlier and then been able to take it back to the shop it came from. the shop knew what he was doing and knew it was burnt out.
    my fault i guess for being ill. lesson learnt.

All the best

​Phil.

Get a Bergara barrel fitted if you are on a budget. Shop around, James Clark who writes on this forum also started re-barrelling.
    Re-barrelling is not a huge black art as many make it out to be, just plain precision engineering.
    edi