Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best method to stop badgers thieving corn

Best method to stop badgers thieving corn

Looking for the best method to protect corn being robbed out of my pheasant feeders by badgers any tips or ideas ?
    I have seen the ones with just a t bar then a t bar with spikes at the bottom , then one with two circular disc's and bars between then with the spring in the middle don't know what to go for.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated. DF

!!! but if thay wish it thay will get at it and overcome any thing you do black'n'white bull dozers

Last year we tried hanging some of the feeders in an effort to defeat the badgers.
    Not an outstanding success but it saved some damage/robbing

Portable CD player with Queens Greatest Hits bleating out of it?
    ​I'm afraid to say you will have some pain on trying to stop the beggars Double Four

Ive only had that once , i put a pel fencer unit in the hopper , ran an earth wire down the leg and conected the live to the spiral

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    Ive only had that once , i put a pel fencer unit in the hopper , ran an earth wire down the leg and conected the live to the spiral
    Outstanding!
    did you have a trailcam because that would be YouTube gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    Looking for the best method to protect corn being robbed out of my pheasant feeders by badgers any tips or ideas ?
    I have seen the ones with just a t bar then a t bar with spikes at the bottom , then one with two circular disc's and bars between then with the spring in the middle don't know what to go for.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated. DF

urinate around them, stops foxes, deer and badges, but not pheasants or partridges
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

I'm with trouble on this, we used to use 45 gallon drums sat on an old tyre. You just keep moving the unit to the feeder that's being hit. It also stops squirrel and deer.
    Forget seeing Badgers touch it just hide the unit and let your best made take the lid off, then fetch a ladder to get him down out of the nearest tree .

Get a licensed cull going?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!